Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Triton vs CMT routers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Catalunya
    Posts
    4,599

    Triton vs CMT routers

    Hi guys.

    Can anyone tell me why Triton routers and CMT routers look exactly the same and maybe they are but CMT cost twice as much as Triton ones, at least here in Spain? (see pics below)
    Has any of you one of them? Are you satisfyied?
    Any info will be appreciated

    Thanks a lot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cmt.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	99122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fresadora-electronica-portatil-triton-modelo-tra001-de-2400-w.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	99123
    Best regards,
    Toni

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Posts
    5,002
    This may help:
    http://www.routerforums.com/portable...n-routers.html

    The short answer is Triton has Taiwanese roots and CMT has Italian roots. But it is the same router.
    ++++++

    Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

    Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

    Carol Reed

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wapakoneta, OH
    Posts
    576
    I have an older one (MOF001) dedicated to my FMT, and like t a lot. It does have some quirks, like a cover on the switch that has to be opened to turn it on but it's a fairly well made router. It also has an uncommon plunge adjustment knob feature. If this was my only router it probably wouldn't be my first choice because of those features, but as a plunge router I guess I consider it as good as any. Certainly for the use I have it has worked out very well. One problem I've had is that odd sized collets don't seem to be available, I'd like to have a 3/8" one. I have that size in Freud (actually it's a Dewalt collet), Milwaukee, and PC...but can't find it for the Triton.
    Last edited by fred hargis; 05-20-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    I long for the days when Coke was a cola and a joint was a bad place to be (Merle Haggard; 1939-2016)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ozarks
    Posts
    4,993
    Portercable has been the industry standard for decades....

    But to your question..............I wouldn't have any idea, I've never even looked at either.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GTA Ontario Canada
    Posts
    11,982
    Hi Tod so glad to see you back posting. Welcome back. Looks like Larry did some arm twisting on that trip down south this year.
    Hope u going to post some of your work again. Sorry for the hijack Toni.👍
    cheers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Catalunya
    Posts
    4,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    This may help:
    http://www.routerforums.com/portable...n-routers.html

    The short answer is Triton has Taiwanese roots and CMT has Italian roots. But it is the same router.
    THat's what I thought Carol, the only difference is the sticker, that makes me to decide not to buy any of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Portercable has been the industry standard for decades....

    But to your question..............I wouldn't have any idea, I've never even looked at either.
    HI Tod, good to see you back, Porter cable is one my best choices, however they don't sell it here, and US ones are 125V.

    Quote Originally Posted by fred hargis View Post
    I have an older one (MOF001) dedicated to my FMT, and like t a lot. It does have some quirks, like a cover on the switch that has to be opened to turn it on but it's a fairly well made router. It also has an uncommon plunge adjustment knob feature. If this was my only router it probably wouldn't be my first choice because of those features, but as a plunge router I guess I consider it as good as any. Certainly for the use I have it has worked out very well. One problem I've had is that odd sized collets don't seem to be available, I'd like to have a 3/8" one. I have that size in Freud (actually it's a Dewalt collet), Milwaukee, and PC...but can't find it for the Triton.
    THanks Fred, I've doing some research and I have found a lot of bad reviews and also some good ones (not sponsored) so this tells me that I should not rush. BAsically I am looking for a router to have it dedicated to a router table.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Hi Tod so glad to see you back posting. Welcome back. Looks like Larry did some arm twisting on that trip down south this year.
    Hope u going to post some of your work again. Sorry for the hijack Toni.👍
    No problem Rob, I miss ww a lot, I have been out of it since october last year and still out. My right elbow is killling me since. I cannot lift 1 litter bottle to pour me a glass of water or pull up a plate from the dishwasher without pain not to talk about any gripping+twisting movement wich are absolutely out of my reach now.
    Best regards,
    Toni

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 09:01 PM
  2. Narrowed to two Routers - need your advice
    By Kevin Sadaj in forum New Tools
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 06:24 PM
  3. Great deal on routers
    By Toni Ciuraneta in forum New Tools
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 05:22 AM
  4. Triton vs. Freud - $189 vs. $129
    By Rennie Heuer in forum New Tools
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 01:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •