'Tis Friday, Again!!!

Dave Hoskins

Wow! Made to another Friday! We are in a surge of storms now. Didn't get any rain last night but the winds were phenomenal. Some even were shaking the house. But amazingly enough there was no damage from the first look around. So for now the shop is gonna be somewhat quiet while these storms pass. Today will most likely be mainly watching 1950's sci fi movies with the dogs, relax the crappy left knee that has zero cartilage, and basically goof off. Might be the same thing tomorrow.

I think I will be making a cross member support for the Osprey to support the cabinet I want to build into it.

I may also work on getting a fixture of sorts to make a dovetail jig for the machine.

Ohhh - and I plan to till the garden. I have not planted the garden in 3-5 years

Last edited:
We got some storms rolling through last night and running into tomorrow morning. We had a some new additional furniture delivered today, so I'll be swapping out some from room to room this weekend. Hoping to bust out the rest of the entry way flooring this weekend and get that project rolled up. Need to get the pool cover off and figure out a problem with it, either a liner issue or break in a line. I've got a 50' endoscope camera I'm going to try to use to find the issue, but need to figure out a good way to get it snaked around the tight 90* turns.

Cool and drizzly here today. Once the clouds clear it won't surprise me to see a dusting of snow on the mountains just a mile or two east of us. (And about 5,000 feet higher than us.)

Starting off the weekend playing tonight in the City APA pool tournament, and if the team does well, we'll be back at it Saturday and potentially into Sunday. Quite honestly, I've got other things I'd rather be doing than hanging around a pool hall all weekend, but we were fortunate to get into the tournament, so we might as well make the most of it. The top teams from this tourney will go to the Nationals later this year in Las Vegas. The rest of the weekend is in limbo, contingent on how the team does at pool tonight and tomorrow.

LOML and I spent the morning driving over to Cairo (pronounced KAY-roh in these parts. Had lunch and came back home. I'll spend some time in my shop this afternoon sanding on my daughter's diploma frame and working on my 3d printer.

Saturday will be shop time on a variety of things: cleaning, building a routing frame for my walnut slab, doing some mods to my 3d printer. Then, chill out and get ready for the NASCAR All-Star race.

Sunday, I'll start the day by preparing brunch, then try to be a total vegetable the remainder of the day!

Well its long weekend here, what we call the 24 weekend and i plan on getting an actual 24 of beer for a social i am going to tomorrow and spending some time this weekend in the shop.
Waiting at the airport parking right now for Lindas call to pick her up.
Sons away for weekend so should be a peaceful weekend for both of us. Like a good husband i have done the washing, house cleaning, ironing and grocery shopping, i guess the wife can now handle the cooking. Lol
Enjoy your weekend those going to sunken wood. Will be thinking of you guys.

Victoria Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer in Canada. Since we can't make it to Michigan, we're hopeful of getting the kayaks out on the "briny ocean tossed" and some barbecue, of course!
Will be watching for Sunken Wood pics too!

Sunny and much warmer here this weekend. About time! Wish I could be in Michigan. Otherwise just goofing off a little. I have another week of vacation. WooHooo!

I'm still in Greensboro Vermont chasing turkey. So I have no idea what's going on at the shop I do know that the bathroom upstairs flooded in the house and there's a big cleanup going on and I'm not there lol

Watching the rain fall. Got the garden planted before hand so that is free watering. Now straw mulch when it dries just a tad. Tornado warning but hopefully that will pass quickly.
Watching for pictures of the escapades of Sunken Woods. Can't hurt Michigan with the partying.

David

Had wild thunderstorms last night. Wind was ripping across the pond but no damage.
Quiet weekend just doing yard work and other clean up stuff. The realtor is coming early next week to give us an idea what we can get for the house and what we need to do to maximize it.
The only good news is that it is now a sellers market for the first time in 6 years.

finally!!! my brother got the 'cuda out of the garage again! i was able to get the big lathe ready to start turning pens and peppermills. then, thanks to a video that was in russian (yes, russian), i was able to finally figure out how to get the right side of the sand paper cinched down on my jet 10-20. now i can sand the end grain mouse pads once i get them made.

Friday? I wouldn't know anymore, other than Brent tends to knock off work relatively early in the day (that's my clue) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We finally got the extended winter over with this week and the shorts are on. Gardening tomorrow (Brent has beautiful veggies he started from seed growing very lushily :) in the green house...time to get them in the ground as long as he's sure that last squirrel he got was the only one around this year).

A musician friend may stop and spend the night, Sunday, after his gig in Lake Tahoe. Guess I'll be doing some housework as well :(

Spent most of the afternoon putting bead board siding around the lower half of the screened back porch... had to scab 2x4's in all around first as none of the studs are on any kind of uniform center... most range from 33 to 36 inches... wide enough so the screen fits, but 4' wide bead board doesn't ... working from the floor is hard on my old knees....

Tomorrow is Market Square Farmer's market day... supposed to be sunshine and 90 degrees... also Knoxville has a Biscuit Festival going on in Crutch park just off Market street... should bring good crowd... hopefully they'll need bowls and pepper mills to go with the biscuits.

Sunday is to be determined... may depend on how worn out I am from tomorrow.... if not too spent, may finish tearing out timbers on a raised bed and putting metal around it... it's a lot harder tearing out those timbers now than it was putting them in 10 years ago.