I am stuffed lol

Rob Keeble

The day started washing the tools.
Then shopping for ingredients. Had to laugh at the butcher when i asked for the meat quantity.
Then we made vac bags with two vacuum packers going at once.
Then it started, cutting, grinding and stuffing.

Then came the vac packing

And finally we got the fire going and sat down to some really great Boerewors (SA Farmers sausage) and a barley hops on a real charcoal fire.

Oh man the aroma and flavor is unique.

We made 52 lbs of sausage today.

Around 13 lbs of english pork sausage and the balance a mix of 2:1 beef to pork.

So split two ways with my "New Canadian" missing his Boerewors until today, we each ended up with enough to last to next spring.

Yum! Every time you post about good eats from back home I spend the next hour looking for recipes and reading up on the history of the food. First it was biltong, now this:D Do you use the Gold Crown spice mix, or start from scratch?

Sounds like quite a sausage party. ;) I spent the day smoking, started around 6 am with a brisket and some baby backs, after wrapping up the ribs the brats went into a beer bath for about 45 minutes, then pulled them out to get some color and put some hot dogs on for the grandson. After the ribs and brats came off I put on a full grid of pork loin chops. Brisket went into the cooler for an hour after it hit 190, the pork loin chops came off at 140. The Brisket is in the fridge and will probably provide some dinner tomorrow night and the rest sliced up for sandwiches. The pork loin chops will mostly be frozen for future dinners.

2017-05-29 07.55.42.jpg 2017-05-29 11.25.11.jpg 2017-05-29 13.05.31.jpg