Friday ! new beginnings

Today I'll finish french polishing a large Armour. Finish setting up my new wireless Go Field Cam then tomorrow morning my little brother will be fishing together again do on the farm lake in Va. It's been a while sense we have shared a fishing trip. He once was on the pro circuit so fishing with him is always fun. Plus I will get the trail cam set up in the honey hole. Very little activity back there but its where I have shot 4 big bucks and now I'll have real time to their activity in the area. I have never worked with one of these cams so looking forward to the upcoming season.

Yard work and shop time this weekend. Been repairing a few small furniture pieces for step son. New planer knives should arrive in mail today so I can finish milling that maple down for a hall bench I want to build.

Time to make a new batch of Kimchi, ran all over town yesterday looking for good napa cabbage only to find signs saying there was a local shortage. After going to two Korean grocery stores and three chain groceries I finally found enough. This will be an expensive batch. Then lots of yard work to do, fence to be mended, garage to be cleaned etc., etc, etc..

I'm not gonna say what's happening today. Woke up with it pouring rain and still coming down.! Wheee!!!! Love the rain even if it slows me down. As I always say when someone complains about rain. If it don't rain, the lakes and rivers will be dry. If they are dry then the water tables will dry up. If they dry up, then when you turn the faucet on it will be dry. So, I love the rain. Just means I get to be a bit lazy today. The weekend, which it's not supposed to be raining will be finishing up an order for 8 pecan bowls. All are roughed and dried. Just need the final turning and sanding and finishing.

Woke up (which is always a good first step) to a clear and sunny day for the first time in a week. Six straight days of clouds and everything from a spit of rain to a few good showers. Not complaining - we need the rain!

Been in my shop this morning but will transition to yard work in a bit. Got some trimming and edging to do before mowing.

Saturday will be some shop time starting to build the routing frame for my walnut slab.

Sunday - the usual: I'll prepare brunch, then chill out for NASCAR.

Need to mow tonight. Got the pool mostly fixed this week and ready, took a swim last night in it. I think I've got a very small leak somewhere, so have ordered some dye for testing that should arrive this weekend. We will have the grandson tomorrow, so mostly pool time and hanging out with him. Sunday I may get some shop time in, need to get started on my Plane Till project. May see if dad has plans and head out to the range for a few hours.

Just got back from a couple days in Columbus, OH. Family visit, and some shopping in 'civilization.'

Much yardwork to catch up on this weekend. Supposed to hit 90° by Sunday.

I also need to mow this weekend after weather that tracks that of Bills down south. We expecting a nice sunny weekend touch wood.

Then hope to get to finish the barrel bbqs and cut some wood for bbq shelves. After that its way overdue time to get my weather station back together.

I also need to mow this weekend after weather that tracks that of Bills down south. We expecting a nice sunny weekend touch wood.

Then hope to get to finish the barrel bbqs and cut some wood for bbq shelves. After that its way overdue time to get my weather station back together.

That weather bomb went through here today, lots of rain and wind, but weatherman says we're back to sunshine tomorrow and coming on hot (29C) by Monday. Lots of mowing on the program, both micro (string trimmer) and macro (Farmall and finish mower). Tractor still has the snowblower mounted, so there's some re-configuring to be done !!

The Lions club is having a Miniature Golf tournament today. A family get together for all our members. Should be fun. Some of my kids and grandkids are coming over to our house for a few burgers, hot dogs and salads.
I'm cleaning up the garage and gathering up stuff for a garage sale that will be coming up soon.
Going to get pretty hot and humid around here for the next few days so I'll be spending time in the basement cleaning up the shop and picking out tools I want to add to the sale.

We played our monthly show at the Dragonhorn Tavern last night. There's a local singles group that's started following us, so we had a good crowd last night and everyone had a lot of fun.

Today I'm providing the sound system for a friend's daughter's wedding. Heading out in a bit to go schlep PA gear around for an outdoor wedding and reception in 95º heat. The event is at a local winery, and of course the ceremony and reception are in different locations at the winery, so I get to set everything up twice. In a suit and tie. :rolleyes:

Sunday will likely be a lazy day recovering form two days of moving gear around. ;) There's always the standard yard stuff that will need to be done, too.