Dog Days of Summer!

Tom Baugues

How warm is your shop?
Here in Indiana we were still running our furnace just a few weeks ago but it's summertime now for sure. So I ask.....what's the temperature in your shop. 98 degrees here.
3b475654b060e898ee643e641c302028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It hasn't been too bad as of late, mainly because of the storms. Been hitting low 90's but heat indexes well above 110. Back in may we busted 100. So, who knows what's coming? I don't. Getting to be time for those all kinds of bad pop up storms we get. They just come from nowhere with tornadoes and large hail. Beat the crap out of ya if you get caught out in the fields.

South Georgia here. So far, afternoon highs have only been 85-90F. Summer will bring 95-100F - maybe higher. I have a 10,000BTU window A/C in my shop to keep it workable at about 80-82F.

That reminds me, I need to take a battery out to put in my clock/thermostat. Not sure what the temp will be. I have 2 window unit air conditioners and a big fan that moves air around the shop. Usually keeps it in the low 80s even during the hottest days.

No AC in my shop, just a 20" box fan up on a pedestal that I can move around and keep close... my shop is a tin building that sits partially in the sun, but mostly in the shade of two large trees. Yesterday was lawn mowing day so didn't get in the shop, but it has in the past reached 100 degrees in there... not bad with the fan blowing.

Winter is rougher as there also no heat and I don't do cold very well.

To check the temperature in my shop, I just check the weather channel. It was 32º yesterday or about 90º Imperial degrees. BTW, the "dog days" occur at the time of the heliacal rising of Sirius (the 'dog' star) which doesn't occur until August, so the dog days are still a long way off. :p No problem, thanks for asking as I'm always glad to help. :D