A special moment

Roger Tulk

Several years ago, our priest asked me to write a hymn for St. Barnabas, the patron saint of our church. He meant St. Barnabas Church, but the hymn I wrote was about the man himself. Yesterday was St. Barnabas day, but I went to another church as my niece was being confirmed, and so missed the performance of the hymn. But yesterday evening we had a dinner at the church, and because the hymn was suitable to the occasion, we sang the hymn after dinner. Special moment for me! It feels a bit strange to hear people loudly singing your own words, but I could get used to it.

Fun experience! I've been a singer for many years but a composer/poet, I am not! I rewrote some lyrics years ago when I was in a gospel band that parodied secular songs with Christian messages but that's the extent of my meager talent..... Congrats on the success of your work!

Congrats, Roger. That's quite an honor to be asked to write the hymn in the first place. :thumb: I've heard my songs played on the radio numerous times, but haven't experienced hearing a group of people singing them. I'm sure that's a great feeling indeed.