"Tis Friday Once Again!!!

Dave Hoskins

Here we are again on Friday. Not sure just what all will get done today. I did a bunch of cleanup in the shop and have some nice looking cut offs that ought to make some nice little spice boxes and such. Still some cleanup to do and mowing so that might just wait until tomorrow. It's gonna be a rather warm one. 96-97 with about 70% humidity. Might be a tad bit muggy, I guess. Left knee bothering me a fair bit so whatever I do it will be wrapped around taking it easy on it. I ain't gonna have surgery on it as long as it moves. If the rains stay away for a little bit will be taking down two kinda big cottonwood trees. I love cottonwood even if it is a soft wood. :D

Turn around , every now and then .......
New sewer line in at the house , hardest thing going on here in the shop is getting the work out of the shop right now.
Fathers-day weekend. Happy Fathers Day to all you Dad's

We've got the Grandson tonight, so visiting with my parents for a bit. He then goes to his dad's for the weekend and will probably be working on some house projects the rest of weekend. I've got a Plane Till to get started too. Sunday we're heading over to my parents for Father's day lunch. Pool time as needed with the heat.

I'm in El Paso, TX today. Been here since Wed visiting my oldest son, who is a battalion commander here, and his family. His son is visiting him so getting three generations together. Went to an aviation museum yesterday and told some "there I was" stories to the grandson. Not sure he believed many of them. Headed to Alamogordo, NM today. Will go to another space/aviation museum. I'll tell more stories. Grandson is polite enough to listen. Then we'll head home tomorrow. No turning but a good time has been had by all.

Getting ready for the laser machine.

I will be making the drawer fronts for the CNC cabinet.

Next on the list is to be able to make Dovetail Joints on the CNC with my new vertical clamping upgrade.
That means making a fixture to hold the boards. I plan on starting out like my Porter Cable fixture and to be making the half blind dovetails.

Had scheduled completing my shop improvement project. I got the last coat of finish on it yesterday. Now I need to install in and tweak it into submission.

But yesterday I woke up with a screaming sciatic. Got an adjustment. Felt better. But it is back this morning in spades, so things are in flux. I need to be able to work on Sunday so may have to lay low.

Hope to have a good deal of shop time this weekend. Jan has one more (yeah, right) project for me before I can work on anything else, a small arbor over the front door. I'd like to build it out of PVC or urethane so I never need to worry about painting. Been looking around for a supplier willing to part with a small quantity of the stuff. The local big boxes carry some, but I need some stock a little larger than they have. Basically, I could use a little 2x8 and 2x4 equivalents.

Playing in the APA State 9-Ball tournament Friday night and into the weekend. If we do well, we'll be playing until Sunday evening. If we lose twice, we get to go home early. (It's a double elimination tourney.) We lost our first bracket last night, but will try to wrestle our way up the loser's bracket to get to the finals again, just like we did at the regional tournament. The top two teams from this tournament to to the nationals in Las Vegas in August.

Time permitting Sunday, I'm hoping to dissect and seal up some turning blanks from this hunka hunka turning ash...

Inman Stump.jpg

It came from a friend's front yard. I don't have the dimensions, but I can't wrap my arms around the lower trunk part. He anticipated I'd need a lot of help to get it loaded so he had some extra muscle waiting for me when I got there. They really didn't have to do much work. I strapped it to a hand truck and rolled it to the street, then loading it into the truck was easy peasy with the lift gate.

Inman Stump Gang.jpg

Been working on our travel trailer, repacking bearings and changing the seal.
Also dewinterising it. Next weekend we of on first camping trip up north. Hoping to see some wildlife like we did a few years back.
Tomorrow off fly fishing for brown trout with youngest son and new Canadian. Should be a fun day if weather holds out.