Major house update

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
The plans are complete! Civil engineer looks at them next. He, of course, is out of town until Wednesday! Next department approval has to come from the fire department. Going there next week.

Long awaited renderings.

Front.
Front.jpg

Rear.
Back.jpg

I have not calculated square footage. It is a nebulous number. Depends on who is doing the asking. There is square footage under roof, There is living space square footage. There is floor space for floor covering. Ans who know what else.

As to floor plans, next week sometime. I am moving this weekend and given this news today, I got behind geting ready for the move. So supper hustle needed tomorrow and Saturday. Sadly my super hustles days are long gone. Hope the guys I get have plenty tomorrow.

I know the renderings make the house look big. Once 3d trim around windows and openings is added, along with a little landscaping, it will look much different. I am going for a small Italian villa look. Like the guest house of a much larger estate. We'll see how that works out. :)

Like Bob i find it incredible what you have had to go through to build a home. Guess you don't have the deep pockets to bribe the state county and town officials like developers must do. They seem to manage to get things done in record times here. Oh but i forgot you only offering up one tax paying house, they tend to be delivering thousands of new tax payers. Lol.
Next i shudder to think what they going to extort from you for the privilege of building your home in the form of development fees.

Around here that number is so obscene, it makes living in a cardboard box highly attractive.

I recall when i first came to learn about what Singaporeans pay for their certificate of entitlement COE a instrument sold at auction, that allows you to then go out car shopping and permits purchase of a car that then carries a further obscene number for import duties.
It gets topped out with a cherry that is , you only get to keep the car on the road for 10 years. I guess at least a house is a better proposition.

This last delay was not on the county. This was the structural engineer who had bigger, and more expensive projects to work on. So mine kept getting shuffled to the bottom of the heap. Until I put on my big girl panties and got in his face. Several times. Had to take off my pastor's shirt though. Guess he thought we never lose our cool.

Next comes the county and goodness only know how many delays that will bring. And there getting irate because nothing is happening is totally useless. BTDT. Got the shirt.