what is this stuff????

Frank Fusco

Buncha stuff on the shop floor and under my saws yesterday. :huh: Puzzlement. Had to think on it for a while. Oh! It's sawdust.:rolleyes:
Fact is, I hadn't made any in over 13 months, almost didn't recognize the stuff. Started a little project yesterday and turned on a couple machines for the first time in over a year.:woot:
Considering that in November I didn't know if I would ever get out of a wheelchair or have self control below the waist I am doing fine. Still not strong but have balance back and can walk.:highfive:
Wifey asked me to make something for a gift (more on that later) and I felt up to the task.
Shop was so thick with cobwebs I felt like I was playing Indiana Jones in an old tomb. Had to get reacquainted with where stuff was and, most importantly, remember my safety disciplines. Table saw was out of tune, strange since it had just sat. :huh: Had to remove the blade guard and splitter as it would bind on the cut. Back to that another day.
Seriously, even though I had to stop and rest frequently, it felt good to be back in there making sawdust, very therapeutic. And, it reminded me of how really blessed I have been considering what could have been.