Welcome to Friday once again

Cleaning the garage. The 25 year old garage refrigerator died on us, so we bought a new house refrigerator and demoted the house unit to the garage. All the food in both units went into coolers. Then I had to pull darn near everything out of the garage to swap it out...in the rain. Now my "stuff" is sitting in a tent in the driveway getting rusty while I figure out a way to "stuff" it back in. To top it off the new refrigerator arrived dented and they are sending a new one out today, so we get to put food back into coolers again! I was really impressed with the delivery guys. Expected they would use some kind of wheel dolly to move the units but they used a web strap and harness system to walk the units around like they weighed nothing.

Well, so far my day isn't starting out with dog doo doo or rain (knock on wood), hope your's gets better fellas.

I've got a pair of computer glasses to pickup this afternoon from the eye doctor in my old town, then having lunch with an old buddy of mine I haven't seen in a while. We'll have the grandson this weekend and also the nephews over to play/swim, so will be a pretty good weekend. Need to get the yard mowed tonight, then a small display of fireworks tomorrow night to finish out the 4th celebrating.

With any luck I will be finishing up the woodworking and finishing part of the rescue clock this weekend. Mounting the movement comes next. Also need to mow the lawn and do a quick clean in the shop in preparation for a visit from a cousin I have not seen in 50 years.

The regular small farm and yard work, of course. Maybe shearing at last, if I can get a commitment from our very poorly organized shearer.
Tomorrow it's the annual Shoreline Yard Sale along all the little communities on the Fundy shore, including lobster roll sandwiches at the Harbourville Community Hall :)

Last edited:
Recovering from moving. Still have scads of stuff to sort out. And laundry. Then prepare the package for the county. Of course it is not as simple of submitting the plans. There is a whole package to prepare. One could write a novel! Work tomorrow and Sunday.

Getting ready for my market day tomorrow... hope tomorrow goes better than last Saturday... got half way home, stopped for a pizza for dinner at Papa Murphy's and the truck wouldn't start... the batter light was on on the dash, so figured I was having more problems than just a low battery... got AAA to tow me to mechanic where it sat until Monday to find out my alternator had gone out... $400 later it back "on the road again"....

Sunday we need to do some shopping... wifey wants to re-do some things in the Kitchen.

A little late to the party this week. On Friday I worked on a shop update and got it mostly finished this morning - new workbench - photos later in another thread. Now, just chilling out with my sweetie!

Sunday will be a do-nothing day for both of us.

Got the mowing done today after grass dried up a little bit. It's been raining quite a bit recently. Grass grows and you can't mow. Well it's done now.
Looking to do some weed spraying tomorrow. Then goof off in the shop and putting boards together for cheese boards. Just finished a 24x32 for a customer. Lordy that sucker was heavy. Walnut and hard maple.
David

Jarrod and I spend the day on the farm in Va. Move a tree stand site then work with my friend clearing horse trails around the 350 acres. It was a hot one for sure. Beautiful day here in Md. Relaxing with the dogs.

A little late to the party this week...

Hey, I'm later than you, so at least you're not the last to show up, lol. :D

Friday started with a visit to the hand surgeon to confirm everything is healing as planned, and no further visits are going to be necessary. :thumb: Then Friday evening we played a show at Rock & Brews, a new venue for us. We had a variety of issues with our sound system (second show with a new mixer), and although the audience and management said it sounded good, we were not happy with how things sounded. There was a fair amount of grumbling among the band members as we were packing our gear up at the end of the gig. I own the bulk of the PA system, and I also am the person who runs it (from onstage while playing), so I took full responsibility for the issues with the mixer. Not a fun night. On the bright side, someone left a $100 bill in the tip jar, so that was a nice boost to our normal pay for the evening. Also, I had a former student come up and introduce himself, then he proceeded to tell me how much my lessons influenced not only him, but eventually his son, who is now touring in a successful band with multiple hits on MTV. (I didn't know MTV still played music.) Stories like that really make my day, and it couldn't have come at a better time on Friday, considering how the evening was going.

Most of Saturday was spent at the monthly Range Day for my practical shooting club. Although I didn't do any shooting (due to still having stitches in my right hand), I had a good time hanging with friends and family and learning from our experts. It was hotter than the surface of the sun at the shooting range, but we all had a good time nonetheless.

Today I got together with our drummer Donnie and worked out various issues with the PA mixer. Donnie is an experienced sound engineer, so he was able to help guide me through correcting the things that were giving us problems on Friday night. Later in the afternoon I finished up the leveling and hand-tamping on the building pad where our new shed will be going up in a couple of weeks. They wanted the site to be within 4" of level. I got it within about an inch in 10 feet, so I called that good...they can shim things the rest of the way.