Back on the diet wagon

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
After playing with the grandson this weekend, I realized that I've been having a harder time getting up and down with him than I used to. Also, given he has a little brother/sister on the way early next year, I need to look good for pictures. ;)

Not doing any special diet, but am using the my fitness pal app and watching my calories and pushing the plate away. Seems like a good time to get started since there's lots of fresh veggies this time of year. I'm on day 3 and even a chunk of wood looks like a tasty snack. :rolleyes:

Good Luck Darren !!!!!!
I'm doing the same thing as you. If I get a craving I indulge myself and get right back on the diet. I've lost 33 lbs in the past 2 1/2 months. My goal is to get to 235 lbs which means I need to lose 25 more pounds by October.

A long time ago, doctor told me he handles his weight by getting on the scale each morning. If it doesn't show what he needs to see, he knows he can't have that piece of pie that day!

My best wishes. How well I know diet challenges! In a nutshell,a good balanced breakfast, the majority of calories at lunch, a light supper and no food after 8 PM. Plenty of clear water. Take your weight, divide in half. That's the number of the mininum ounces of water for the day. Watch sugar and carb intake and you're golden.

Ah!!! Ye ole Battle of the Bulge! I am constantly in that fight. And, not always successfully. I've tried several of those diet things and I don't think they are worth a dang. Best advice from me is watch the trans fats, the GMO''s, and eat only what you need to stop being hungry. Better to eat 4-5 small meals than 2-3 bigger ones. Eat high protein foods as well and one of the main things is a regular exercise regimen. Everybody's idea of the best exercise regimen is different and each person's needs are different. That's my two cent's worth for you.

You guys do know that DIET is a 4 letter word?

I wish you luck Darren, as we get older weight control is probably one of our biggest challenges. My only method is to just watch volume of intake... fortunately my appetite has decreased some over the years so I do get full faster. I'm pretty sure I'll never get back to my Pre-Dianne weight of 155, but at least I can maintain under 200 but it's hard. I rarely eat lunch, and if we do, then it's no supper... but I do end my day with a bowl of Blue Bell... I have even cut that back to about a cup size bowl (mostly to make a carton go further... my favorite comes with a gold rim and the stores up here think because it's gold.... ) I mostly watch for it to go on sale.

Yeah, it is a 4 letter word. Awk!!! Blue Bell? Did someone say Blue Bell??? My absolute favorite is the Banana Pudding. If you are a fan of banana pudding then you will find Blue Bell's version is so good it otta be illegal. :thumb:

...I'm on day 3 and even a chunk of wood looks like a tasty snack. :rolleyes:

Chose a nice flat square piece of scrap wood and Sous vide it at 195 for 36 hours. Do not eat while waiting and drink only cleansing juices. Put the wood in an ice bath for a quick chill, then use it as a serving platter for a nice cucumber and plain Greek yogurt salad. Guaranteed to lose five pounds:rofl:

Chose a nice flat square piece of scrap wood and Sous vide it at 195 for 36 hours. Do not eat while waiting and drink only cleansing juices. Put the wood in an ice bath for a quick chill, then use it as a serving platter for a nice cucumber and plain Greek yogurt salad. Guaranteed to lose five pounds:rofl:

:rofl: