It's Friday One More Time

Dave Hoskins

Here we go again. I'm kinda recuperating from yesterday. Some ornery family members decided since it was my birthday, that they would drag me around the country side and feed me here and there and over there, too. I wasn't walking last night, I was wobbling. Today is somewhat more of the same except only this time it's just one family member assaulting me with culinary goodies. So, hopefully today will be the end of it. I ain't used to eating that much food in one day. At least it go spread out some. :D

Had planned on brush hging the pasture it much needed rain canceled that idea. Hot and dry for awhile but not as bad as out west.
Expecting company from Kansas City tomorrow so guess that means shopping. Just taking it easy for the weekend then go back at it early in morning and beat the heat.
Everyone stay cool and healthy and safe.
David

Company coming Sunday. The house is a mess and cleaning it will take a while:p This is our third day without A/C and it got up to 95 in here yesterday. It's 87 now but only 82 outside so we've got some windows open and fans blowing to bring in the "cooler" air. This the fourth time in twelve years the Carrier A/C has broken for more than a day. This time the impeller in the squirrel fan disintegrated. Parts are supposed to arrive this afternoon. The only salvation has been the 12000BTU stand alone A/C unit I bought at Lowe's on day one. It's keeping the master bdrm at a comfortable 75 degrees, so the missus is not too unhappy. Last week the garage refrigerator died and I had to move all the "stuff" to get to it. This week the A/C. What's next?

Tonight I may get some yard work done. May be meeting with a contractor to work on some larger house projects that need to be done. Also need to have someone come out and give some quotes on replacing the pool liner next year. Other than that I still need to complete my shop improvement project, just been too hot out there to work on it further.

Got some Craft show activity - not mine - but some of my stuff on the table.

I got a contract to make a sign - 24 x 12 - dimensional - I will be working on that.

I also got my building permit to do a little structural work on my house and install a large window and to vinyl siding. So, a bit of construction sort of stuff to do.

New computer arriving today. 27" iMac. The MacBook is getting creaky. Its 8 years old. The optical drive has failed and I don't want to put anymore money in it. And the need for another laptop is not compelling while the really large screen is very attractive at my age.

Work on Sunday. Low profile tomorrow. Heat. Not as bad as it has been, which brought out extreme heat advisory warnings, but hot none the less.

May go to the the lab this afternoon and replace the belt on the tablesaw.

Continuing on some shop updates today - new bench and mods to my router table.

Saturday, I should finish the router table changes.

Photos of all of the above when it's done.

Sunday will be our usual routine of me preparing brunch, then settling in for NASCAR.

Well i hope to get some shop time this weekend and finish off some leather work i started last weekend. My first go round at leather work.

Also got done during week with a rush project in the same line as Allen seems to always be making. This was a "Battkeshots board /box setup. Never got to get pics before youngest son hauled it off for a camping trip he and friends have gone on this weekend but will do a post when he is back and i can get some pics. What a job.

You guys with the heat, send some our way. This is the wettest summer since i move to Canada. Also coolest for me. Hardly had to have aircon on and its mid July.

Shop time - Packing up the rescue clock for delivery upstate NY in a week or so. Jan bought more plants so I have more holes to dig. Also working on a small lidded box for step son. Keeping busy!

Our annual wild blueberry industry Field Day is tomorrow up in the Cumberland hills, with maybe 400 attending, including out of province friends and equipment reps. It's been all hands on deck getting ready.
Off to Maine for a couple of days next week on a reciprocal visit to their event and to see all our Maine-iac friends :) Long history of collaboration across the border in our regional industry. It's fun teasing them about their accents too !!!
Have a great weekend everyone. I hope you get some heat relief. 19C and chance of a shower here tomorrow, so we're good.