Vectric New Upgrades

The check for updates will only check if there are any updates for the version of the software you have installed, it won't tell you if there is a new version of the software available. Aspire & Vcarve are now on Version 9. If you visit your customer portal you will see that there is an option to upgrade to V9

V9 has some new features, I have never used CAD software as such, I am very familiar with signmaking software which is a type of design software but most people probably wouldn't call it CAD software. Anyway point is some of the new drawing options apparently make it more like a CAD program for drawing so some people have said.

I am a CAD kinda guy - used CAD for real in a professional setting since early 80's

Vectric has made some improvements in the CAD functions. They are nice and good and useful, but in no way would I call Vectric CAD. CAM - yes it is. CAD, not really. Any of the CAM systems, be it SmartCAM, MasterCAM, EdgeCAM - they all have CAD but it is weak. It is there to be a functional part to support the CAM side, but never a primary function of the software. Draftsight is FREE CAD, and is FAR more powerful than Vectric CAD. I am not a sketchup guy, but I would guess that Sketch is more powerful than Vectric CAD.

Biggest plus in the most recent upgrade to V9 is the 2 sided machine improvements.