Another new job to do.

Leo Voisine

I was at my finance guys office the other day. He is a managing partner in his business - nice corner office. They are an independent partner of Fidelity.

We had a nice long talk about finances, French names, Signs and CNC, and business development. Business development is one of the things they do.

It was a nice time and very informative. One thing I came away with is Business development. I am well with my expectations and structure on business. Well within the guideline of what is legal and correct.

We also talked about a job that he needs done. This is new to me and something I need to learn about. I told him I would experiment and test before doing his job.

What he wants me to do is a V-Groove cut to make a Compass Rose in a bluestone slab.

I have cut marble with a carbide V-Groove cutter but on a much smaller scale.

Has anyone here cut bluestone - what methods - what cutters have you used?

Leo. I've cut Pennsylvania blue stone with my diamond saw for patio work and it seems to cut a lot easier than granite. I'd get a small piece and give it a try. Don't they make diamond cutters?

It is the same as Pennsy Blue

I just ordered a big pile of different cutters.
Mostly diamond impregnated, they look like big burrs, some are carbide blade and designed for stone cutting.

I also got 7 pieces of 12 x 12 x 1-1/2 bluestone to experiment with. That gives me 14 sides to trial cut.
I should be able to make something sellable.

It seems to be softer than Marble. Sorta like a hard sandstone. I can shave it and scrape it with my pocket knife.

If I get the one job, and I WILL get the one job I will break even on all the money I just spent, plus I will have some bluestone in my inventory and a good supply of cutters. I just will not put money in the bank - yet.