Can't make money out of woodworking ??? Step aside Billy May...lol

Rob Keeble

A reference to a former members shed caused me to check in on kickstarter given the cutting boards gone wrong episode.

Well along the lines of making money from ????? Woodworking????? Take a look at what this clever bugger /con man has going .......seems at least folks got their corn filled eggs.

You need a wooden egg no? You want a wooden egg no?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/323324338/zenegg-create-time-for-yourself

111 144 US $$$$$ he only asked for $2 200 to get this egg going.

If thats not enough this cough... conman ....or "creator" is now selling a pen YOU NEED in your life..

Behold the Eureka Pen.......his next con...errr "creation"

Oh man talk about "one born every minute"

So,

There is a guy that decided to invest in making a great advertisement and a great video and he made $111,000 - selling, er, getting people to give him the money for a $1 item.

And he is dumb?????

P.T.Barnum did the same thing.

The thing that makes me really mad about most of these is that I wasn't smart enough to have come up with the dumb idea to begin with.

I don't think I could have made his pitch with a straight face though, I guess that's what actors are for.

I agree, pure hokum. But, a lot of people put a great deal in the notion of certain objects having healing power. At one time, in dawns early light of the computer/internet age, I tried selling jewelry made of Arkansas Ozark crystals online. Had moderate success. What intrigued me was people asking about the healing power of the crystals. I'm sure if I had lied I would have sold many more than I did. One fellow even offered to carry some to the top of a mountain so they could gain more 'energy'. He would do this for a price, of course. Not eggzactly my thing.;)

Consider This.

A few years ago I looked at how much money the TOP Youtubbers were making with the Ads on their you tube channels.

The TOP you tubber - with extremely STUPID videos was well into $300,000 annually
The next 4-5 were into $150,000 to $250,000 annually.

Maybe they don't stay in that income range. I would like 1-2 years like that to help my retirement fund.

So - where is the money?

I don't fault anyone for making money as long as it is ethical. Selling stupid eggs and getting paid stupid money is OK - but the maker MUST deliver. Non-delivery would make it unethical.

Years ago, I wore a younger mans clothes (Billy Joel), I heard a story about a couple that posted in a magazine to deliver 101 hot dogs recipes for a $1.00 in a SASE. They did it as a gag, until they received 50,000 SASE in the mail. They got REAL busy REAL fast.

Soo - can WE make some money on the side? Absolutely! All of the above is stepping outside the box.