Guess I'm Kinda Nuts

OK, Vaughn. OK. Mount Locke in the Davis Mountains is about a mile above sea level so surely that counts as a mountain, doesn't it? Has the McDonald Observatory on top. Please tell me that's a mountain. I got feelings too, ya know??? :rofl:

My house is at over a mile high, and about 2 or 3 miles to the east of me is Sandia Peak, which is is about 10,680' high. And I've got friends in Colorado who think that's small, lol. :D Sorry about the feelings, though. :p

Back I was touring in the band, one day we were driving in west Texas headed to either Lubbock or Midland. (Or maybe between the two. Been a lot of years, now.) In that part of Texas and east New Mexico, it's so flat I think you can see the curvature of the earth, lol. I was driving the lead vehicle, and as I was driving over a railroad overpass out in the middle of nowhere, I got on the CB radio and announced to the other guys that they were about to drive over the highest point in west Texas. :D

I do remember going through the Texas Hill Country around Austin as a kid. My dad had family in the area. It was pretty territory for sure.

Been out there in the Midland area on to El Paso. Just doesn't seem like a lot of anything is out there, but of course there isn't. I've been all the way to the observation area on top of Wolf's Creek Pass and I know they be higher than Mt. Locke. But on the other hand, how high does a mountain have to be to be called a mountain? Hmmmm. Ponderances. Feelings ain't hurt. Quite fuzzy right now. Just finished doing a scrap wood burn and it's knocking on 102 right now. Oh, well. Do more tomorrow and it's supposed to be cooler by about 10 degrees. Maybe.