Hardware search help

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I'm working on a plan for a customer that wants an Arts & Crafts style wall hanging box to hide his alarm control pad. It's a small cabinet, only 1.5" deep and 6' W x 8" H. I found small bronze hinges easily enough, but trying to locate a nice pull is becoming a bit of a challenge.

Ideally it would be something in a Stickley or mission style ring pull. Failing that, a bronze knob will work. I've found plenty but all seem too big for the task. With this small a door I was thinking the max dimensions might be something like 1.25" tall and .5" wide.

I've looked at Lee Valley, CHS, and a bunch of others but I'm not getting any hits.

Any suggestions?

Woodworkers Hardware - or maybe Van Dyke's Restorers. For the A&C stuff, Van Dyke's is probably a better bet.

I agree with Jim, Van Dykes 1st for A&C

Tried them before, but went back for a second look. Lots of great items but nothing in the size I was looking for. Saze as stated eearlier wold work for a ring pull, but a straight knob would have to be about 3/8" in diameter or less.

I have found at lot of odd hardware at flea markets. "Antque" stores around here. All kinds of necessary items. Mostly cast off and things from garage sales but worth looking.
David

Thanks for all the advice - I learned about a few places to buy hardware that I had not known about. Unfortunately, nothing panned out. I did find quite a few small knobs, but nothing in the bronze finish the customer is looking for. We settled on my placing a small wood knob on the case and not gluing it so he can replace it when he finds a suitable knob.