It's Friday!!!

Dave Hoskins

How about that? We made it again. For the past several days I have been doing some controlled burning taking care of about 2 years or so of junk cut off wood. Old and wet and hard to burn. Smoky as well, but that alright. It's done. Took yesterday off to do some shopping and let things in general just relax. Today I plan on cutting some wood and get things turning again. Need to do a little bit of shop cleanup before I start that, but that shouldn't take too long. Rain in the forecast for most of the weekend and next week so no telling what all will get done.

Looking forward to some shop time this weekend along with some mowing and yard work, weather permitting.

I am working on a couple of spec pieces for my Etsy site and a little itty bitty cabinet I picked up as a special order from a previous customer. Pictures to follow!

Finish up delivering "meals on wheels" two week schedule. Feel good type job. Marian days going on. Over 100000 Vietnamese people pour into our small town and celebrate freedom from the Vietcong. Also celebrate 100 anniversary of Lady of Fatima. It is a Catholic celebration. What a hoot. Actually quiet and polite people. Our church offers bus service to stores and my turn today to drive. It's a neat experience. Tomorrow family will walk through the camp site and sample the food offerings and fruit selections. Vietnamese churches from across the country put up food tents and cook for all. It is a sight you have to see to believe. The people camp out in tents and motor homes. Ever seen 75 acres of wall to wall tents? And they all get along. Very very little crime or problems.
Every one have a safe and happy weekend.
David

Getting ready to go load my truck for the market tomorrow... will spend Saturday in Knoxville at the Farmer's market... I have 17 new pepper mills and hopefully can sell most of them... Sunday will be kick back and get over Saturday.

Thinking I may get with my turning buddy across town and go see his new metal lathe... have actually never seen one in person.... I'll need to do that before I load the truck.

Beautiful Friday morning and lacoda Prairie Pine Ridge reservation big blue skies beautiful weather today I'll be riding on in the Sturgis about an hour and a half to meet a bunch of friends and from there who knows after all it is Sturgis but I do bahave myself keep me in your thoughts for safe trip thank you bye

Continuing the sanding on my walnut slab today. Also need to cut some butterflies for a couple of checks.

Saturday will be more work on the bottom of the slab so it'll be ready to flip to the top side Monday.

Sunday should be our usual schedule of me preparing brunch, then chilling out until the NASCAR race starts.

Yard work. Trying to figure out how to train the black/raspberries for a good crop next year. Seriously looking at sheds vs. shed plans and building one myself. Maybe Vaughn's route is the best for my back.

More work on the shelf project for the storage sheds. Ugly muggy here so no mean feat. Many water breaks. Prepare message for Sunday and back to the day job on Sunday.

...Seriously looking at sheds vs. shed plans and building one myself. Maybe Vaughn's route is the best for my back.

Save your back for loading the shed. That's what I'll be doing this weekend. :) I also need to get some things listed on Craigslist and get them out of my way (a dining table and refrigerator are the two biggies). There will also be runs to the Habitat store to donate unwanted stuff, as well as a trip to the recycling center to get rid of the pile of cardboard boxes we've been saving "because they're good boxes". :rolleyes:

It's the midsummer long weekend here and our son is around. We're heading for a nice little farmers market over in Harbourville this morning, a village on the Fundy shore just 20 minutes from here. Some light chores and fun stuff around home the rest of the day and into tomorrow. Monday looks like a day for a kayak adventure on the South Shore, maybe around the Lahave Islands.
Have a great weekend everyone:wave:
Carol, you do recall the definition of taking it easy? :)

Peter, you can mark my progress on my shelf project with a calendar, it is going so slow. I let my body dictate how much effort goes into anything these days. I may plan it, but that never means I'll accomplish it! And certainly not in the time frame I would wish. Sighhhh.... but I keep plugging along.