Two color plastic

I've been asked to make some name plates from two color plastic. I've done the google thing and am overwhelmed by the choices.

Here's what I'm looking for

1 A source for the plastic

2 What plastic would you recommend PVC, HDPE, etc.?

3 How thick?

Thanks all

A lot of this sort of stuff is done with an engraving laminate, google Rowmark & that should give you links to various engraving suppliers, Rowmark is a trade name, there are many other suppliers of this sort of substrate so shopping about will give you various prices :)
There are lots of different options depending on the application, internal/external, number of cores or layers. Available in different thicknesses & what it is being used for & the size will normally determine what thickness you use. Most commonly used thicknesses are 1.5 & 3 mm or yours will probably be imperial so !/16 & 1/8 inch lol
Can't help with suppliers really with me being in the UK :)

Just a couple of things to make a note of with engraving laminates, make sure your spindle/router is set perfectly parallel to the table & your table is perfectly flat. the different coloured layers can be quite thin. Hold down can be a bit trickier with plastics than other substrates. Plastics tend to want to bow in the middle if you are using clamps around the edge of the material. Vacuum hold down or something like a double sided tape will prevent the material from bowing in the middle :)
I made myself some vacuum pods for doing this sort of work because my machine doesn't have a dedicated Vacuum hold down but a double sided tape can work just as well.

Just a couple of things to make a note of with engraving laminates, make sure your spindle/router is set perfectly parallel to the table & your table is perfectly flat. the different coloured layers can be quite thin. Hold down can be a bit trickier with plastics than other substrates. Plastics tend to want to bow in the middle if you are using clamps around the edge of the material. Vacuum hold down or something like a double sided tape will prevent the material from bowing in the middle :)
I made myself some vacuum pods for doing this sort of work because my machine doesn't have a dedicated Vacuum hold down but a double sided tape can work just as well.

Thanks Martin