Sad News

Charles Hans

I just saw this about "Routerman"and thought I would post it here.

Pat Warner passed away July 28, 2017. He was a wonderful husband, father and friend. He so enjoyed the woodworking community. Being able to contribute and share his ideas with fellow woodworkers brought him much satisfaction. He had great compassion, safety was always first, was very inventive, had a grand sense of humor and was always looking for a better way. His family will miss him forever.

Pat was my first router mentor many years ago. He didn't just teach me how to use the router but also how to think about it and its capability. The Routerlady owed a lot to the Routerman. We chuckled about that often. It was not intentional. I got dubbed the Routerlady by the Orange County Woodworkers Club. Pat lived here in Escondido. He had been quite ill for some time and on hospice for a while. He was a good friend with my best friend Phil for years. Phil called me a few hours after Pat died to let me know. Certainly condolences to his wife Judy and may she now get some much needed rest. Caregiving for the long term is exhausting.

I remember seeing his posts on Sawmill Creek and learning a lot from him. Condolences to friends and family he left behind.

Thanks for posting this Charles. I had no idea. Pat Warner was a router legend, and helped countless people over the years. Definitely one of the good guys that you hate to see go. May he RIP.