Thread: Well the chips are down!!!!

Well the chips are down!!!!

Their magnetic I tell ya. Or maybe its a sickness like measles where they multiply or are they like rabbits or is that rabbets? I got another sale to go to this weekend.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

And I thought lathes were bad

Looks like a nice haul there Bart!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Steve Clardy Guest
    Bart's toast

Bart's gone wild

I know what you mean. I just picked up three more this morning at an 'almost local' flea market. Brings my total to something over a hundred...
    Jim D.

Well I changed my plans.
    I TOOK OUT MY LEE VALLEY CATALOG
    & ordered lotsa of stuff to sharpen all these old tools betta.
    I should be in sharpening heaven in about a week.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Bart's gone mad I tell yuh, MAD! Don't stop him; the cure is worse than the disease.

Steve Clardy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    I know what you mean. I just picked up three more this morning at an 'almost local' flea market. Brings my total to something over a hundred...
    Guess I better pick up the pace. I'm a tad behind on the 100 count

I think I have the same sickness, but a different strand of it. As many of you know I am a Machinist and have built planes in the past (Lie Nielsen) and am working on a few of my own hand planes now (shoulder plane).

The thing is as I make boat parts, it gives me all kinds of time to think. So as I work I think about what my next plane is going to be, how I am going to make it, what I need for steel and other materials. Yes it is indeed a sickness.

I think my next plane will be a Router Plane. The last day I worked for Lie Nielsen we started production of one based on the famed Stanley Router Plane. They were easy to produce and even building Lie Nielsen Planes I had a few revision changes I would do to make them better. I think that will be my next plane I make anyway. Then maybe a scraper plane...then maybe a adjustable mouth block plane...and then...
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Yep Travis, that is the problem when you can make it yourself, you find you do.......... bandsaws for example
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward