Friday! Oh, Friday!!!

Dave Hoskins

Here it is again! Friday. Well, today is gonna be a do nothing of consequence day. Gonna spend it alternating between heat and ice packs on the right knee trying to get the swelling down. If not, then I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. The brace ain't helping a thing if not making it swell up more. Oh, well. Cost I have to pay for all of those danged airborne jumps from planes and helicopters. But, we also have more rain in the forecast so that's alright and gives me a good excuse to stay off of it. Outside of that I was looking forward to cut into some of that new pecan I brought in. Guess that's gonna have to wait until Saturday or Sunday.

I got about 40-50 people coming Saturday for a Meet and Greet event. Lots of Show and Tell - hot dogs hamburgers, soda, chips.

Good company

Playing in the shop - CNC - Laser - painting - cutting wood and other materials.

Gonna be fun.

If you wanna come - we are open.

FREE

Sunday - I am receiving a delivery of vinyl siding - Official start of the siding project.

Got the mowing done early so just kicking back. Raining now so grass will grow again. Job security.
Little shop time make cheese board or so ..
Momma needs lamp raised so cutting out a riser. Anything to please the little lady.
Y today to keep fairly fit. Seems like I feel better after some exercise. Three times a week. Joints still ache but don't thing exercise will solve that.
Have a safe and happy weekend.
David

David, exercise will help with the joints. Even though my knees are letting me do the leg exercises on my weight machine that I used to do I still do all the upper body workouts. Also I drink at least 3 glasses of water with raw apple cider vinegar in it. About a tablespoon for every 12 ounces of water. Stuff helps all over. If you stay with it the stuff does help with arthritis. But you have to stay with it. Cheap fix, too.

Today I'm stopping by the credit union, then over to the DMV to get a replacement title for my Lexus, then a trip to CarMax to pick up a new (to me) ride. Pics to follow once the deal is done. :D

The rest of the weekend looks like more garage cleaning/space-making, and the usual yardwork suspects.

Today, I'll continue to build up a bow in the drywall in our master bathroom - discovered when we removed the large "builder's mirror" in preparation for replacing it with two oval mirrors with decorative paneling behind them. This has been more of an adventure than we planned! I think I'll reward Bobbie and me with some ribeyes and 'zukes on the grill tonight!

Saturday I should be able to do a bit more on my walnut slab - had to order some longer bits to do the deep inlay cuts for the butterflies. Will also continue to build up the bathroom wall bit by bit.

Sunday will be our usual routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out until the race starts.

My normal weekend... will be up early tomorrow and drive to Knoxville to set up for the market... up at 5 am, leave by 6 am and be in the market to set up at 7:15 or so.... breakdown starts at 2 pm and usually back home by 4:30 or 5 pm, depending on if I have to make a stop enroute or not.

Sunday, get over Saturday.

Four! sets of shelves done today. That makes 2 8'ers 2 3'ers and one 4'er. Got 1 8'er done last weekend. I am whupped. Stuff piled on two of them. Piled, not sorted - yet. Also got wire run for one shed for some light but have more work there before it all works. See how much energy I have left for tomorrow. Its not been as hot - mid 90's - but the humidity is still brutal. Have to get more water tomorrow also.

Working on a walnut coffee table.

Took a break from that to do some yardwork. Short lived... Was trimming a shrub and got into a yellowjacket nest. Got stung six times before I could get far enough away. Hurts!!!

Time for a rest...

My son in law is coming this afternoon, to help me put the seats in the canoe, then it will be finished. At last. I'm also working on a couple of other things, including a Red Oak Flatbow. Something I 've wanted to make for a long time. My first attempt didn't turn out well.

Did my usual market today... lousy sales, raining cats and dogs when I got there... waited in the car about 15 minutes until it slacked, then jumped out and set up tent... by time the tent was up with 3 walls in place, the rain stopped completely and the day was beautiful.... market ends at 2 pm, started packing, started sprinkling, finished packing about 2:30 and brought up truck... raining cats and dogs again... backed into a pole trying to get closer to the booth space,:eek::eek:
got soaked to the skin loading the truck and rode home with wet drawers....:(:(

Jim, I hope you see this. Next time you get stung, put Absorbine Jr. on it. Works extremely fast on wasps, scorpions, etc.. The acid in it soaks in really fast and neutralizes the poison. I put it on a scorpion sting once and the pain was gone in about 30 seconds. No swelling in about 2 hours. Good stuff for more than what's advertised.

Jim, I hope you see this. Next time you get stung, put Absorbine Jr. on it. Works extremely fast on wasps, scorpions, etc.. The acid in it soaks in really fast and neutralizes the poison. I put it on a scorpion sting once and the pain was gone in about 30 seconds. No swelling in about 2 hours. Good stuff for more than what's advertised.

Thanks much! Absorbine is something I always have around. Just put some on - better late than never... - probably too late for it to do much good, though.

You're welcome! I keep it around all the time as well. Especially after I found out by sheer luck what it will do besides help with the aches and pains. Stuff's been around it seems forever. Don't know how well it will help after a few hours but you never know. Sure can't hurt nothing.

It's a rainy weekend here, but we need the moisture. I also need the shop time, which will be a bonus today.
Helping my wife with a couple of batches of Early Golden plum jam today, one of our favourites.
Wild blueberry harvest is underway, the freezer plants are running and the first of a series of groups of foreign visitors/customers arrive tonight from the far side of the world, so a busy few weeks ahead.