Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday! Oh, Friday!!!

Four! sets of shelves done today. That makes 2 8'ers 2 3'ers and one 4'er. Got 1 8'er done last weekend. I am whupped. Stuff piled on two of them. Piled, not sorted - yet. Also got wire run for one shed for some light but have more work there before it all works. See how much energy I have left for tomorrow. Its not been as hot - mid 90's - but the humidity is still brutal. Have to get more water tomorrow also.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Working on a walnut coffee table.

Took a break from that to do some yardwork. Short lived... Was trimming a shrub and got into a yellowjacket nest. Got stung six times before I could get far enough away. Hurts!!!

Time for a rest...
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

My son in law is coming this afternoon, to help me put the seats in the canoe, then it will be finished. At last. I'm also working on a couple of other things, including a Red Oak Flatbow. Something I 've wanted to make for a long time. My first attempt didn't turn out well.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Did my usual market today... lousy sales, raining cats and dogs when I got there... waited in the car about 15 minutes until it slacked, then jumped out and set up tent... by time the tent was up with 3 walls in place, the rain stopped completely and the day was beautiful.... market ends at 2 pm, started packing, started sprinkling, finished packing about 2:30 and brought up truck... raining cats and dogs again... backed into a pole trying to get closer to the booth space,
    got soaked to the skin loading the truck and rode home with wet drawers....
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Jim, I hope you see this. Next time you get stung, put Absorbine Jr. on it. Works extremely fast on wasps, scorpions, etc.. The acid in it soaks in really fast and neutralizes the poison. I put it on a scorpion sting once and the pain was gone in about 30 seconds. No swelling in about 2 hours. Good stuff for more than what's advertised.
    Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others. Orson Welles

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoskins View Post
    Jim, I hope you see this. Next time you get stung, put Absorbine Jr. on it. Works extremely fast on wasps, scorpions, etc.. The acid in it soaks in really fast and neutralizes the poison. I put it on a scorpion sting once and the pain was gone in about 30 seconds. No swelling in about 2 hours. Good stuff for more than what's advertised.
    Thanks much! Absorbine is something I always have around. Just put some on - better late than never... - probably too late for it to do much good, though.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

You're welcome! I keep it around all the time as well. Especially after I found out by sheer luck what it will do besides help with the aches and pains. Stuff's been around it seems forever. Don't know how well it will help after a few hours but you never know. Sure can't hurt nothing.
    Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others. Orson Welles

It's a rainy weekend here, but we need the moisture. I also need the shop time, which will be a bonus today.
    Helping my wife with a couple of batches of Early Golden plum jam today, one of our favourites.
    Wild blueberry harvest is underway, the freezer plants are running and the first of a series of groups of foreign visitors/customers arrive tonight from the far side of the world, so a busy few weeks ahead.