Retirement Income Business

Haha, so I am guessing you know another Martin because there is no way you can be talking about me Leo :) Although it's a nice thought lol

Then there is the time I spent owning a franchise and all the support you get in that.

Think with franchises you have to be careful because they can all be very different. My own experiences with a franchise were obviously very different from yours Leo, unfortunately it was the worst mistake I have ever made & ended up costing me pretty much everything I had financially, health wise & socially family to a point & friends (or at least people who I thought were friends).

Still that's all in the past now & there is absolutely nothing I can do to change what happened so it's best just to move forward.

Would have to agree with you 100% about the support being out there if you take the time to look for it, like your IRS our HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs) offers some easy to follow guides on how to set up as a business & what you can & can not claim for.I have found out fairly recently that with me being ex Royal Navy & having been medically discharged there is help available through charities such as Help for Hero's. I am looking in to that just now, one of the things they offer is business mentoring which is something I am really in desperate need of lol, have sort of struggled along for years but I am the first person to admit that the Business side of things is where I let myself down all the time, being good with my hands is great as far as getting the job done goes so that would probably make me a good employee, finding the work, pricing it, actually selling it & anything else that goes along with that side is my biggest weakness.

Leo I got to thinking, Shelly and I visited our Financial planner this past week and needless to say all my assets are in the shop and with Jarrod caring the shop at some point.
The planner knows my back ground and said there are so many things I could start up. Painting , Turkey calls but one thing I have always want to do is teach classes on FAUX finishing and Furniture repair, gliding.
My problem: as Rob is explaining is Business planning. I know a lot of you are business savvy one thing I'm not. I have existed on pure ability. I'd like to get someone like Rob down here for a few days to lay out a plan. Now if I only knew someone like Rob LOL