Exhaust fan

Mark E Smith

getting ready to put an exhaust fan into my bathroom and doing the research for a 8x10 (slightly smaller rounding up) the formula was length x width to get sq feet, and you need one cfm per sq ft based on 8 foot ceiling....so gonna need around 80cfm or higher, exhaust fan according to what I read the fan will change out the air in the room every 7 or 8 mins or something like that...got me to thinking about my DC in the shop. My shop is around 500 sf (using the one cfm per sf deal, (my shop has 8 foot ceilings too) so if my dc is pulling 600 to 800 cfm and I leave it running for 10 mins without using on a tool, just open ended hose, does that mean it is changing out the air in my shop completely in that 8 mins...lol...I find that hard to believe....but if it is true, I'll start leaving the DC running after a cut for awhile...

getting ready to put an exhaust fan into my bathroom and doing the research for a 8x10 (slightly smaller rounding up) the formula was length x width to get sq feet, and you need one cfm per sq ft based on 8 foot ceiling....so gonna need around 80cfm or higher...

If you haven't already bought the fan, I highly recommend this one.

I put one in my bathroom, as a replacement, and was very happy with it. Quiet, two speeds (80 or 120 cfm), uses 4" ducting, Easy install, too. All the bracketry is included.

Ditto on Panasonic. We had one with a light installed during our master bathroom remodel a few years ago. In installed its little brother (no light) in our guest bathroom. Both are very quiet thanks mostly to a squirrel cage blower rather than the impeller-type junk.