Looking for a thin kerf blade....need suggestions

Tom Baugues

I have used my table saw very little. Maybe I will use it more in the future but I simply don't do very many "big" projects that have required me to use it. However I'm working on a project that I built a " cross cut sled" for my saw. It works great for this project however I need to use a thin kerf blade (1/16") on this project which I do not own. Any suggestions for a 10" blade that wont break the bank. I can afford a $200 blade If I wanted one but I don't NEED one that bad. In fact I'm afraid that I may only use it for this one project so is it possible to buy a decent thin kerf blade for under $50?

EDIT....I think I have answered my own question. I have found several that should work for me. Guess I didn't search long enough before I posted this. At first I was only finding blades that were $100 + which I thought was too much for my needs.

Last edited:
I have this one, a Freud thin kerf 80 Tooth crosscut and its thin kerf glue line rip cousin. I am very happy with both. They give consistent smooth cuts and the crosscut is very good with veneers and melamine.

Now, Jim might have some suggestions for you that might be better. :D

When I was doing some celtic cross pens, I wanted the thinnest kerf I could find and I ended up using circular saw blades, like Leo mentioned. Worked great.

I wanted the thinnest kerf I could find and I ended up using circular saw blades, like Leo mentioned. Worked great.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll go shopping tomorrow. Plans call for a 1/16" wide blade. I'm surprised shopping online that many retailers tell the size and tooth count but don't tell the kerf size. So I'll have to go in person and find what I'm looking for.

The link I gave you showed a kerf of .059

You said a kerf of .062 was what you wanted.

Normally a thin kerf on a 10" saw is around .093

Try a circular saw blade - unless you really need the depth of a 10" blade, the circular saw blade makes a SWEET cut in a table saw.

The link I gave you showed a kerf of .059

You said a kerf of .062 was what you wanted.

Normally a thin kerf on a 10" saw is around .093

Try a circular saw blade - unless you really need the depth of a 10" blade, the circular saw blade makes a SWEET cut in a table saw.
This sounds like exactly what I need as my cut is only going to be a 1/2" deep cross cut.

Thanks Leo!