Architectural Graphic Standards

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I recently came across this book again. I had seen it back in HS when I took drafting classes at votech for a half year. Our instructor showed it to us and highly regarded the book for referencing just about anything you ever wanted to know about architecture, an architects bible if you will.

2017-08-23 18.58.33.jpg2017-08-23 18.58.58.jpg2017-08-23 18.59.10.jpg2017-08-23 19.03.32.jpg

I checked on abebooks.com and found they had several copies in various editions. I ordered an abridged student version, which has a good summary of the full books contents for reference. Got my copy for $6.49 with free shipping. Considering current versions sell from $150 up to $500, it was a steal.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Se...tn=Architectural+Graphic+Standards&prevpage=1

There are several copies that are either student or cumulative supplements bring older version up to date, so look to see what you may be buying if you do so. Like I said, I just got the student version, but it's got enough information for what I was currently needing on trusses, beams, and load spans.

Cool-looking book. I'll bet you can spend a lot of time just browsing through stuff. (Sort of like I used to do when going through the Sweet's Architectural Catalog binders.)