Friday ! Long Weekend

Today is the start of Dove season , Deer season is starting up also.
Now that kids are back in school Shelly is back at work. Today was the 1st cool day and I needed the leather jacket for the ride to work .
Started working on the turkey calls again FINALLY ! Getting some calls ready for a NWTF banquette next Saturday.
It's nice have Sept come in like a Lamb. I'm ready for a little relaxation before the hunting season gets started in Va in Oct. So relaxing this weekend.

I'm back on my walnut slab today - starting to rout the bowtie inlays this morning.

Saturday will be more of the same - hopefully getting to the point I can flip the slab over and start on the top!

Sunday - the usual - I'll prepare brunch, then chill out until the race starts at 6pm.

Dealing with a clogged kitchen drain. There are not enough plumbers in the world. Getting someone to come out is like pulling hen's teeth, never mind the king's ransom they demand! I tried all the usual things. No joy. And I am no longer limber enough to work under the sink. Getting old sucks.

Usual day job on Sunday and getting ready for it today and tomorrow. In between the plumbing drama, I am working on financing documents for the house loan. Isn't that exciting? NOT! The good news is I have an contractor actually working on this now. Hope springs eternal.

Planning on working on some shop organization tonight, I'd like to get a cabinet built for the 3d printer and all of it's supplies to replace the printer stand it's on now. and getting the pool cleaned up for the weekend. It's supposed to be nice, but days are getting cooler here so not sure how much we'll use it this weekend. I've got to keep it open a few more weeks until a couple of pool companies can come by to give quotes on a new liner and recommendations for some of the concrete that is settling. The rest of the weekend is going to be with the Grandson, considering a drive down to visit my parents for the day and do some fishing.

Working on another raised planter bed to continue converting all of my veggie garden to raised beds. Two more beds should do the trick. Also looking for SketchUp compatible shed plans so I can start that project now that the summer heat is fading. Can't decide between 12' x 20'=240 sf or 14' x 18' = 252 sf. I went to the local shed building place and the price for the 12x20 was over 7K, and IMHO it was poorly built. I think I can do better. Maybe the difference would get me a concrete floor instead of concrete blocks and PT skids?

I'll be continuing with my garage-clearing project to make space to set my shop back up. I've been making slow but steady progress. I still need to get the old fridge and dining table sold and out of there...that'll open up a good chunk of space. I'm also getting close to the point where I can start roughing in some of the air lines and do some preliminary tool layout plans.

I also need to do a bit of electrical work. We just purchased a Ring Floodlight Cam and I need to install the duplex box and associated wiring to get it up and running.

Saturday or Sunday (whichever LOML decides on) we'll take a day trip up to some of the local mountains. It's a little early in the season to go elk spotting in the Valles Caldera, so we'll probably just go explore some of the remote Forest Service roads, now that I have a vehicle that can do it.

Today was run some errands and eat lunch with some good friends. Back to it tomorrow. No long weekend here. Too many things to do and all that good stuff. Or, in some cases maybe I should just say stuff. Not all stuff is good stuff. Never mind.

Lots of work to do, but we're going to fit in some kayaking and good food. Marine weather says 30 knot winds and two metre waves, so we'll have to head for some sheltered water. Felt like fall here this morning.
Have a great weekend :wave:

Spent yesterday in Pawhuska,Ok at Ree Drummond's Mercantile. Touristy and fun. Also went out to the Drummond ranch lodge. Very beautiful scenery. Rolling hills and green. Could no believe first of September to have green range land. Very impressive 12000 acres.
Today mow and straighten up things then get ready for grandkids to descend and cause havoc. Wonderful to have them arrive and pleased when they leave.
Everyone have a safe and healthy holiday weekend. Does this mean the end of summer.
David

Spent all day Friday in a class with Jimmy Clewes at WoodworldTX in Dallas. What a great time. There were 7 of us in the class and we learned a lot. Made a 3 corner box and a cherry flask/canteen. I have a little finish work to do on them now that I'm home and then I'll post pictures. If you ever get the chance to take a class from Jimmy, jump on it. You'll be very happy you did.