Firefox

Leo Voisine

I am usually a day late and a dollar short on some of this stuff.

I have been using Firefox for years, but lately, last year or two, it seems that Firefox has been really wonky.

I don't want to get into details, mostly because I don't "really" understand all about it. Things like the relevance on Amazon doesn't work, the display on vectric user forum just isn't right, and more stuff like that. Dianes firefox on her computer is weird, youtube isn't right. I have eradicated (not just reload) firefox many times, then reinstalled. Why should I need to do that?

Anyway - I am going to try living on Chrome for a while?

Anybody else have a similar experience, or better recommendations for a not so literate computer guy. I am JUST a user. I do NOT enjoy configuring computers or getting into the internal working of a computer. The Dentist is more fun. I don't need or like "addons". I like SIMPLE.

Yep .. and just recently. Working fine throughout the day. Then, the next morning, not all mornings, all tabs are blank with either all white or all black screens. Totally locked up, will not refresh any tab. Have to shut it down and restart it (the program, not the computer) then reopen all the tabs I was using. Don't know why but not liking it for sure. SIMPLE is good.

Gave up on Firefox about a year or more ago. Got a little wonky and usability across devices (iPad, iPhone, Windows PC) just was not there. Chrome , although it has its own issues, seems to be much more stable and usable across platforms. I can leave the shop office, go into the house and pick up the ipad and chrome shows me all the tabs I have open on my PC so I can pick up right where I left off. Now, if they would just add the ability to "send link via email" it would be great.

I've used Firefox for many years - since shortly after it was released in 2004. There has never been much trouble with it, but a situation popped up a couple days ago on one PC. Firefox is on two laptops and two desktops. Suddenly, when we start Firefox on our office PC, the system hangs and is almost impossible to do anything until I can force a reboot. I can run any other software just fine, including Chrome. If I start Firefox, it goes 'not responding' and seems to be using most of the PC's resources. Our other three PCs are not showing any kind of problem with Firefox. My next step will be to uninstall Firefox on the one PC and re-install it. In the meantime, Chrome is working fine on it.

I've been having Firefox lock up as well lately. Gives that "Not Responding" message and is becoming quite annoying. I noticed this starting after the last update on it. Not sure what's going on but I am getting to the point of wanting to go to something else. I was not exactly overwhelmed with Chrome but then again that may be the answer. I certainly don't want to go back to IE. Just another one of those ponderments.

I used to be a dedicated FF user but in the past few years moved to Chrome and pretty much use it now on all devices, even my mac. As with just about any browser, it has it's quirks too.

Got a new iMac and had trouble installing Firefox. So abandoned it and using Safari on it. Firefox is on the MacBook, probably up to date, and yes, there have been more 'Not responding' messages lately.

I use Firefox exclusively on a 15 year old Dell desktop still running XP.... I do occasionally get a hang up, but not often enough for me to change... I tried Chrome once and didn't like it, can't tell you what I didn't like, but moved back to FF and staying with them. I attribute the few hang ups I do get to more likely the age of my operating system. I do find that FW is a little slow to load pages, but again attribute that to age of my OS and maybe to the server being used.

Life is going fast enough, so I don't mind things moving a little slowly, more at my speed.

Yep .. and just recently. Working fine throughout the day. Then, the next morning, not all mornings, all tabs are blank with either all white or all black screens. Totally locked up, will not refresh any tab. Have to shut it down and restart it (the program, not the computer) then reopen all the tabs I was using. Don't know why but not liking it for sure. SIMPLE is good.

I have used Firefox for a very long time, probably since it was introduced. I have had few problems. I was getting the black or white screen for a short time about a month ago. Seemed to happen when I was viewing videos, but it hasn't happened for weeks.

I gave up on Firefox for exactly the reasons you mentioned a couple of years ago. I had tried and didn't like Chrome, IE, or Edge so I went searching for different browsers. After reading a lot of reviews and pros and cons from computer geek sources that I trust, I decided to try Opera. It's free. It's built on the Chrome platform, but doesn't keep track of everything you do and report it to Google. It's got built in popup and ad blockers. I downloaded it on one of my computer and loved it so I put it on the other one. Then I uploaded it to both of my wife's computers and she loved it. Some sites detect the ad blocker and ask you to turn it off, but that's the only issue I've had. It's fast and reliable. I'm very happy with it.

Just search for Opera browser and you'll find places to download it.