Some different projects

Rob Keeble

Weather here is cooling so its the perfect time for these projects.

First a Bbq upgrade.

1b15e82223d3a8ecbe3095d22f745264.jpg

This is what i call a firebox. Some of you will have seen pics of my half barrel bbq. Well when you only want to use part of it then you build your fire /coals in this tray and it makes for a smaller bbq fire under the area you using.

Nothing special in the way of precision just a rough and ready. Had to make two. Frame around to is just to prevent injury from mesh edges and to facilitate handles.

Then upgrade to welding table. This is ongoing project and adding a tray beneath table is only the beginning.

3c08f5d6a2df42c9d1ac9b0555176811.jpg

I really love this welding table. This project was just a couple of bits of angle iron welded to lower frame to form a tray. Cut and dropped in mesh and went to town practicing spot welds in lieu of upcoming Kubota tractor hood hinge repairs that will require that skill.

Then a small tool. Saw this online, decided heck why buy when i have all the tools and material to make my own

f0c6f83405cc49af4e89daccb17627b6.jpg

Always looking for the welding pliers, always forgetting to dip the nozzle. Now they both where the gun goes.

Real easy gadget to make. Cut the square hole with my dremel and their small abrasive discs. Thats a very handy disc if you have a dremel and don't know about it. Just to clarify, there are essentially three different size discs for a dremel.

A really thing disc the size of a 5 cent piece. (Break too easy and brittle) then the one i am referring to that is just a bit bigger than a quarter. Then they have a locking disc /arbor config out now with a much bigger disc that locks onto the arbor. Thing is if u cutting a small square hole the smaller the diameter of disc the less over cut. Btw i have successfully used the 5 cent size discs in the past to split a outer race of a vehicle wheel bearing so don't under estimate what these little discs can do.

Looks good, I like the plier holders too. Funny, I was just thinking this morning that I need to head over to the metal shop to get started on a new project.