Friday

Saturday, I should be able to finish the vinyl on the east side of my house.

THEN - I have a LOT of FALL yard work to do.

I will be reseeding, fertilizing, moving blueberry bushes, planting shrubs, hostas, and other perennials and 100 - 150 more daffodils.

In a week or three, I will be on the front of the house for windows, and vinyl.

Have a little shopping to do tonight for tomorrow. We've got a local wine festival we've gone to for the past few years and going again this weekend. Sunday I need to get a plane till finished up and up off my work bench to move on to another project.

Healing up from bad cold. Went to urgent Care last night to make sure it wasn't pnenomia, which it wasn't thank goodness. Doctor gave me gobs of pills to stop coughing and dry up nose and lungs. Feel better today but not as good as tomorrow. Don't know where this thing came from. Just one of those things.
Closing up friends pool tomorrow and just relaxing. Hope I feel good enough for high school football game tonight. Just sit and see.
Everyone have a safe a healthy weekend.
Prayers for Florida and Texas
David

I started today with a pre-op appointment at the hospital - getting ready for a procedure next Wednesday. When I got home, I made the first flattening pass on the top of my walnut slab - more of same this afternoon.

Saturday will be continued work on the slab, then chill out for a while to prepare for the NASCAR Richmond race.

Sunday should be just a day of rest after I prepare brunch. AND . . . we'll start preparing for Irma by taking down some hanging plants and securing a few other things. Monday is forecast to be our roughest day - kinda wait and see what happens.

Saturday I'm going to be continuing the slow process of space-making in my garage. I also need to figure out how to run power to a new floodlight/camera that's going to be installed on the outside of the garage. I need to splice into the middle of an existing indoor conduit run, and then run new conduit through the stucco wall and to a location that's centered over the overhead door. Having a pitched roof instead of a flat roof sure would be handy in times like this.

Sunday, LOML and I will go check out the NM State Fair. It's a lot smaller than the fair we went to every year in Los Angeles, but I'm sure we'll still find enough fried food and people-watching to make us happy.

I'm a tour guide around the Annapolis Valley tomorrow for my older brother and a friend of his. The tour might necessarily have an agricultural flavour :)
Sunday might see a load or two of firewood come inside. It's not getting any drier now.

Thinking about all those people in distress down south and the looming danger to Florida.

HMCS St John's steamed out of Halifax yesterday tearing down to the islands to see how they could help. What can a warship do, some might wonder. Mainly it can deliver 200 trained, disciplined, well-led sailors, with boats, a heavy helo and a shipload of other gear and skills to help people get back on their feet. God speed to them, and safe return.

It is amazing what a warship can do to help out in disaster zones. Our carriers go to areas like that because of the amount of fresh water the desalination plants can produce. As well as medical and rescue personnel. Warships can do all kinds of things besides battle duty. Yesterday roughed out a couple of pecan pieces and am working on some dough bowls. Nice weather right now though it's gonna start heating up some next week.

It is amazing what a warship can do to help out in disaster zones. Our carriers go to areas like that because of the amount of fresh water the desalination plants can produce. As well as medical and rescue personnel...

Another big potential benefit is that they can provide electrical power. A carrier can provide enough external power for a small city.