Don't ask, i'm just venting.

Didn't draw blood, or even a bruise (if you don't count my pride). Just not thinking through a process. I did a little damage to a project I'm working on that necessitated my going back, sanding off the finish in one area and reapplying it. Just being stupid. Fortunately it's a Danish oil finish so very easy to repair - just takes a long time.

Well see you're problem's right over here.
You put the doodad in the watchamacallit when it should have been hooked up backwards to the thingamajig.
I know this cause I did that myself just the other wednesday. :rolleyes:

Ryan who luckily got himself out of a bit of a pickle just the other day through a bit of completely unplanned serendipity. Sometimes the fates smile on fools.

Didn't draw blood, or even a bruise (if you don't count my pride). Just not thinking through a process. I did a little damage to a project I'm working on that necessitated my going back, sanding off the finish in one area and reapplying it. Just being stupid. Fortunately it's a Danish oil finish so very easy to repair - just takes a long time.

I know that idiot, he stopped by my shop and messed up the finish, and on the way out, put together one side of the quilt racks the wrong way. You see this villian, kick him a good one.

A couple of weekends ago I was helping a friend re-do a botched finish job on some wooden outlet and wall switch plates. He was lamenting the fact that they had to be done over, even though it only took a few minutes per plate. I told him I wished I had a dollar for every turned piece I'd sanded back down to bare wood because I wasn't happy with the finish. I think on some projects a little re-do on the finish is just part of the process.