Friday-15Sep17

Dave Hoskins

Man o man. Do gots a lot of mowing to do. Glad it was said you don't have to do it all at one time. Have an online order to get ready to ship out this afternoon. And, I had a last minute invitation for a fall festival to participate in. So, need to get the stock ready for that. That takes place the 24th. Other than that, same ol' stuff. Did all the regular errands yesterday.

After fighting a nasty head cold for the past 10 days, now recovered pretty well.
Not a whole lot planned. Football tonight then go with the flow. To dry to mow so guess shop time might be involved.
David

Hope to get most of the way done with my shaker clock this weekend. Hav a few other things to fit in like yard work and getting the property ready for fall.

My plans?

Today: Recovery.

Saturday: Recovery.

Sunday: Recovery.

I'm doing OK but it seems I'm in the day-after-the-day-after mode from my 'event'. You know, when everything aches more from exercise or whatever on the second day. Not to worry - it'll be fine. :)

Some lab time to work on my drawer project. Have to get it knocked out as I have another drawer project behind it. Sunday is the day job. In between recovering from last week and the week preceding it. Seems age has a lot to do with bouncing back from extraordinary work and schedules. Thinking about vacation coming up in November. Maybe a family visit somewhere of a day or two?

The summer is over. Tomorrow taking a ride down to Ocean City with a friend and meeting a old High School Artist buddy who is a sign painter down there.
The phones have been quite lately and things are ramping up. The 5 of us in the shop are looking forward to getting crazy again with a heavy work load.
OK here's a couple picks of the puppy @ 8 months , Buddy he's has some growing to do to fill out these paws. @ 8 months it's all about the Tennis Ball.

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 5
Reno Air Races tomorrow (an annual event for us). A friend is coming up for it, so mostly socializing. Brent and Jim will be finishing out the patio roof on Sunday and I'll be getting ready for the community garage sale (so much junk, so little time)

Tonight after work I'll be washing the dog, washing the 4Runnner, and packing up all my gear in preparation for a friend's wedding on Saturday. (I'm providing the sound systems for the wedding and the reception.) The wedding is about 2 1/2 hours north of here in Abiquiu, NM, so we'll be driving up Saturday morning and coming home sometime Sunday. Since LOML can't imagine the thought of leaving our dog at a kennel or with a friend, the dog will be going with us...his first good road trip. The bride and groom are paying for my services by getting us a room at the resort where the wedding is taking place, and they made it a point to get a room where dogs are allowed. Looking forward to a nice leisurely ride through Northern NM with my gal. :thumb:

We've got the Grandson this weekend, so mostly doing stuff with him. I've got the new rails for the jeep arriving, so may get those installed. I need to install a bathroom vent and duct so I can finish up a drop ceiling in the basement, may finally tear into the laundry room wall to see what needs done to relocate my drain and water lines if I'm feeling ambitious enough.

spent a bit of the day getting items ready, and packed for the upcoming craft shows in october (better now, than at the last minute). tomorrow and sunday, back in the shop.

WEll, I'm pleased to say I broke out of the funk I've been in, and made 12 bench dogs for my worktables, and almost rebuilt my lathe tool sharpening jig. Finish tomorrow, maybe turn something on Sunday. there will be pictures.