quickie signs for teachers/gifts

allen levine

just making some practice signs to see what paints to use, wood, etc.....

I can make a dozen signs in less than a few hours, cut, rout, sand prime paint first day.

20 minutes to use stencil and paint letters following day, simple, easy peasy.

I purchased the stencil.

I have close to one dozen teachers I want to gift these to, daughter, both nieces, my best friends daughters, daughters college roomie, etc.......plus with all their friends who are teachers, my wife works in the school district, Im sure Ill need close to 2 dozen of these.

some I used old cruddy paint, it ran. and I would need to let the base dry a bit better, some of these were cut from the mdf I used for the dolly for the table, just practicing.

Attachments

• liveloveteachsign 002.jpg
    liveloveteachsign 002.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 44
I don't have a CNC so this may be a dumb suggestion, but why don't you paint the base color, dry, cover with masking tape, route the name through the tape, and then paint the inlay, without having to use a stencil?

oh, that was for a gymnastics teacher who always walks on her hands.

(that was one that didnt come out perfect)

made 5 more today, so Im set for the family gatherings this week.

I found out the reason the first few didnt come out perfect was because old spray paint just is old spray paint.

I purchased some new paint and all the print was fine, and the bases dried fast enough to put print on a few hours later today.

it a can sprays, I keep it......silly, but yesterday I realized not for new projects.

I don't have a CNC so this may be a dumb suggestion, but why don't you paint the base color, dry, cover with masking tape, route the name through the tape, and then paint the inlay, without having to use a stencil?

Looks like the router was used to dress the edges. ;)