Antique Ride

Paul Brubacher

In Memoriam
Just got back from a vacation to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. On the way home we stopped at Masstown Market in NS close to NB. It is a must stop tourist trap on the Trans Canada Highway. It actually has a very good grocery store as well as lunch counter.
There was a 1958 Austin pickup truck towing a Boler from the 70s or 80s. The truck had a 1500 cc engine and the Boler weighed 1400 lb. The owner is Murray from Moncton NB. He actually has a cast name plate on the fenders. I can't remember what the truck model is.
He was just on his way home from Newfoundland. He has been to Victoria British Columbia as well.

So I should be OK towing 2200 lb with a 2500 cc engine.

Anyhow, some pics.

1958 Austin pickup.jpg1958 Austin ready to roll.jpg1958 Austin engine comp.jpg1958 Austin 1.5L engine.jpgBoler 1984 1400 lb.jpgBoler 1984.jpg

You were in our neighbourhood Paul. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Nice pictures of a rare (maybe even one of a kind?) truck. There's been quite a parade of vintage cars, many with matching vintage trailers passing through here this summer, on a coast to coast tour.
Masstown Market is a real local treasure. I hope you tried their seafood pie!

My step father and mother towed a 24' mobile home with a 1951 Chevy sedan... don't know the weight of either or the engine size in the Chevy, but they also had a newer (I think it was a '57 Chevy) that wouldn't move the trailer. They towed it from Tulsa Ok to Macon GA....

Peter, it was an enjoyable visit. Even the weather cooperated. We were down almost 2 weeks and the sun shown every day. Not enough rain to get us wet. My father-in-law was born in Moncton and there are still some relatives in NB & NS.