Volvo Ocean Race

Interesting. I admire the folks who do these types of challenges, but I don't have an interest in following such things. A NASCAR race works with my attention span. ;)

Recently I was thinking of the American cup races and wondered when they ran. Looks very strenuous for crew and dangerous. Not my cup of tea. Served in Navy and had plenty of deep water experience but now a small pond is enough to satisfy my water lust.
David

To be honest, I'd not heard of it, but ocean racing is kind of off the radar out here in the desert southwest. We end up getting the really challenging races, like the Deming Duck Races. :D

To be honest, I'd not heard of it, but ocean racing is kind of off the radar out here in the desert southwest. We end up getting the really challenging races, like the Deming Duck Races. :D

I've never heard about the Volvo race either, and don't have much interest in it.
But ocean in the desert.... in my former career, I was an international shipping manager at several different companies pretty much specializing in airfreight forwarding.... but the year I lived in Tucson, I did more ocean shipments than airfreight....