Fall Festival Results

Dave Hoskins

I went to a small fall festival in Fort Worth this afternoon on a last minute invitation. As most know I never mention monetary figures but I will say I sold 9 pieces. Not a lot but not too bad for 4 hours. At least I can say it was better than 5 kicks in the teeth. :D

As long as you make enough to cover a couple of starbucks venti white chocolate mocha frappacinos with caramel drizzle...and your booth rent, it's all good.:thumb:

Congrats on what sounds like a successful show, Dave. :thumb:

Without giving away too much info, I did a little bit of Cousin Jethro cipherin' to figure out the dollar amount. Assuming I got my naughts and gozintas in the right order, I'm estimating you made nearly enough money to buy half a mule and three or four jugs of Granny's springtime elixir. :D

Vaughn, I think probably 1/4 mule and maybe two jugs. Of course as the old saying goes, if we had enough smarts to know for sure what the public wanted we would do better. Honestly, if I brought more salt/spice boxes I would have done better. But, who knew? Oh, well. It wasn't a bad deal and I was happy. Got to even eat some pretty decent brisket that I didn't have to smoke. :thumb:

Y'know I'll predict that next year there won't be a solitary sole who wants a salt/spice box. If the buying public know what they wanted it would be a lot easier to figure out from the other side of the table.

At least granny is please, cause I'm pretty sure elixir sales are just through the roof every year :rofl:

Vaughn, I think probably 1/4 mule and maybe two jugs. Of course as the old saying goes, if we had enough smarts to know for sure what the public wanted we would do better. Honestly, if I brought more salt/spice boxes I would have done better. But, who knew? Oh, well. It wasn't a bad deal and I was happy. Got to even eat some pretty decent brisket that I didn't have to smoke. :thumb:

Dave,
I do a weekly market in Knoxville... I haven't figured out yet what the buyers are going to buy each week.... one week I may sell nothing but pepper mills, so next week bring extra mills, that week only sell bowls, bring extra bowls and something else sells... if you figure it out, let me know...

If I do somehow manage to figger out the formula for that I will be certain to let all know. But, don't hold your breath. I thinketh that will be a piece of useful information that will be withheld from me.

Same dog used to bite me when I was doing shows in SoCal. One show would be big ticket items, then the next one would be pens and bottle stoppers. And inevitably, there would be a few pieces on the table that I almost wouldn't bring, because I didn't like them for one reason or another. And of course, those were always the first to sell. :rolleyes:

The public is a never ceasing source of amazement, amusement, puzzlement and all them thar other ments! Might even throw in conundrum. Did I get that last one right? Maybe? Oh, well.

The public is a never ceasing source of amazement, amusement, puzzlement and all them thar other ments! Might even throw in conundrum. Did I get that last one right? Maybe? Oh, well.

Truer words never spoken. In times past I have owned several retail stores. The public was always a puzzlement in their wants. I initially judged my inventory selection on what sold successfully in other markets I researched only to the 'stuff' collect dust in my store with a lower pricing. :huh: Craft items are even more difficult. I cannot sell a pen in my locale to save my life. Why pay $15.00 or $50.00 for a pen when you can buy one at Wal-Mart for $1.29? Go figger.