Log Hauling Tomorrow - UPDATED

Dave Hoskins

Not sure just what all the haul will end up being, but for sure it will be some more pecan (I didn't cut this wood) and two fairly large cottonwood trees. I'll follow up with some photos after I get it sorta organized and stacked.

I posted some photos of the logs we brought in yesterday. They are not organized, stacked or anything else. Just basically where we rolled them off the trailer. The pecan logs average 18" in diameter. There is still a fair amount to bring in but this was at least a start. It is all branch wood from some huge pecan trees that are starting to die. They seem to be dying mostly because of the was the power company's hired tree service trims the trees away from the power lines. Some of them really do butcher those trees. The cottonwood logs average 34" in diameter. And, still have at least 2 trailer loads of it still coming. These that you see are trunk wood. There is still some of that left and then all the branch wood that is still good. It was two cottonwood trees that were dying and almost totally gone. At least the trunk wood and the larger branch wood is still good and solid. Doesn't appear to be that much pith in it.

Last edited: