Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend projects/bench shots thread

Weekend projects/bench shots thread

It's that time again. Post those bench shots!

My focus has been on restoring the two machines and that is drawn to quick halt as I am working on a RPC to power them. Will work on the old motor for the jointer today.

Going to make some shavings too. BIL lives in a camper during the week and needs a small folding table it. Going to see if I can't make up something for him today. Man I miss the smell of wood. Much better than rusty cast iron!

BENCHSHOT
    Mostly covered in restoration related stuff and motor parts from the one I am working on.

Attachment 8794

Here are a couple of photos of the machines. I will piddle with them some this weekend but I am really at a stopping point till I have some power on them

Attachment 8795 Attachment 8796

Jeff
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Building my new bandsaw!!

Bandsaw Project

Attachment 8797

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Thumbs up

.... Bump!

.... Stuart, your bandsaw appears to be coming along quite nicely .

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Building my new bandsaw!!

Bandsaw Project

Attachment 8797

Thinking about a project without ACTION is just DAY DREAMING .

I hope to finish milling the lumber for my sons bed. Could not do it last weekend due blades wear being sharpend. On my bench is a nightstand that I just putt the last coat of poly on, so it will be out of here monday or so. I need to try and get my jointer shimed up. The infeed bed is sagging and needs a shim or two. It dips near the blade. This should take care of all my free time.

I have been working on my shoulder plane which can be seen on the Handtool Sub-Forum. This will be my last weekend to be in the shop for awhile as I got a huge project to do on my new "bench".

I am laughing as I say that because my new bench is a 28 by 40 foot concrete slab. We are building an addition onto our house so starting next weekend I am going to be very busy. Not a lot of woodworking per se, but a lot of carpentry. Let the fun begin I guess.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

THAT will be a great band saw, Stuart!

I am making another small stool, for use by our 5-year old, No. 3 granddaughter, while playing the piano:

Last edited by Al Navas; 05-21-2007 at 11:32 PM.
    Al
    Watch videos from Woodworking in America in Berea, KY
    New blog URL: http://sandal-woodsblog.com/
    Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
    We will build your heirlooms

working on built in.

It started out to be a quiet weekend, then things exploded. Two batches of lasered name tags for two different customers; a batch of business cards; 700 laser-cut letters for a client; a plaque for a friend; and a meeting with a potential new customer for 25 award plaques for their soccer league. Whew!!! Where did Saturday go? Today will be spent converting some scroll-saw patterns into vector images for cutting on the laser. I'm going dizzy (and blind) looking at a computer screen.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Steve Clardy Guest
    Not much on the bench

As I am loading the last of those 71 oak doors in the pickup, and leaving to install them. This job will be done today, with the exception of a couple of extra things they threw in I need to do later.

HIP HIP HOORAY

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Not much on the bench

As I am loading the last of those 71 oak doors in the pickup, and leaving to install them. This job will be done today, with the exception of a couple of extra things they threw in I need to do later.
    thata boy steve "getur dun" then you can get back to playun with your planes again.. quess i missed the pic of your truck full of doors

well no pics of bench work but should be able to get some pics this week of the progress of the DC pipe gettin put together ,hope toget it buried this week..keepun my finners crossed i am on break the rest of this afternoon...as earlier posted
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!