Friday............ last one in September

Well today I'm heading to Virginia to pick up my buddy Grosvenor and then we're heading to Kentucky for a week. More of a fact-finding mission to see if elk are in the area of some property or looking to buy. If so we'll stay for a week and hunt not ruling out a big deer not ruling out shooting turkey and not ruling out shooting a bear I'm not ruling out shooting an elk either so should be a good week. Shop is very busy and everybody's doing great here. Even big nine months old buddy. Plus I've been doing some shroom hunting and I found a couple nights patches of Hen of the Woods. Y'all have a nice weekend

Attachments

• 20170925_223751.jpg
    20170925_223751.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170923_105123.jpg
    20170923_105123.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 14
Look at the size of those paws! And he's only a puppy. Gonna be a big one!

This is a work weekend for me. In my spare time I keep redesigning the work shop for the new place. The park keeps throwing new restrictions on me. The interesting part is as the footprint changes, other possibilities present themselves. I have a lot of equipment I'd like to keep. Hard to fit in into the available space and still be workable. Am now doing what I call over and under planning. When the guys visited my Arizona shop, they saw my shop in a trailer and witness the over and under concept. It was cosy but it worked. If there is no restricted space, feed paths are simple. When there is barely room to walk around tools, then feed paths have to be planned over and under other tools. Fun!

Next up is figuring out electrical loads and how to accommodate them. Gonna have to find an electrician to calculate loads. I need a permit for that work.

The good news is at least I am planning a real shop instead of prodding others to do their part in getting a house built! :thumb:

Oy! Going to a celebration of life for the adult daughter of close friends. She passed suddenly and without warning. We are resilient yet fragile and there are no guarantees. Probably spend some time cleaning up the garden, doing some shopping with the missus and maybe some sous-vide New York strip 130F/2hrs seared on a hot grill.

Started the day with a routine followup appointment with my primary care doctor - all is well. I did a little in my shop when I returned home - sprayed a top coat of shellac on some support structure that will go under my walnut slab - sorted through more walnut to mark it for other project parts.

Saturday, I'll start milling some walnut for a side table plus a few more parts for my slab.

Sunday - usual routine of me preparing brunch, then chill with the Presidents Cup and NASCAR.

Taking care of more Laundry room reno tonight/tomorrow, yard work tomorrow, then hanging with the grandson for the rest of it.

Also bought some new Katzkin leather seat covers and seat heaters for my wife's jeep for our 20th anniversary, so may start that upholstery work this weekend.

Nothing special planned. Step son, step grandson, and a few of their friends coming over to fish off the dock. A little shop time for me to recuperate from a colossal mistake I just discovered. Still waiting for the fall colors - the Michigan web site claims early colors this year, peaking tomorrow and gone in a week. Everything by me is still green. :huh:

Nothing very substantial planned for around here. It's been wet, so the yard stuff will be limited. I have some tweaking I could stand to do to my guitar rig, and a few indoor chores that I've been postponing. I'll know by Sunday if any of them get done, lol.

T...Also bought some new Katzkin leather seat covers and seat heaters for my wife's jeep for our 20th anniversary, so may start that upholstery work this weekend.

My new (to me) 4Runner has heated leather seats, and I love them. I think heated seats might end up on the "things I will insist my next car has" list.

...Still waiting for the fall colors - the Michigan web site claims early colors this year, peaking tomorrow and gone in a week. Everything by me is still green. :huh:

No real color here - Leaves are going right from green to brown and falling. I've already filled the DR vac trailer four times. This is the earliest I've ever had to rake/blow/vac leaves. At the rate they're falling, it'll all be over in a couple weeks.

No real color here - Leaves are going right from green to brown and falling. I've already filled the DR vac trailer four times. This is the earliest I've ever had to rake/blow/vac leaves. At the rate they're falling, it'll all be over in a couple weeks.
Same thing here Jim in Tenn. Things were brown in WV & Ky as well