A Simple Bench Design Wanted..... Think "Picnic or Park" Bench.... NOT "Workbench" :)

Stuart Ablett

A Simple Bench Design Wanted..... Think "Picnic or Park" Bench.... NOT "Workbench" :)

Looking for some ideas.

The NPO I work for wants to make up a bunch of park benches, out of 2x4s, with only straight cuts, no 45s.

The pieces will be cut by the volunteers using hand saws and mitre boxes.

Looking for something 6' long, maybe 18" wide?

The fewer parts the better, some is best,not looking to win any design awards here.

What do you have?

Thanks

I have a pretty simple design using 2 x 12's.... it does have a couple of miter cuts though... I'll have to take some pictures when I go to the shop, I don't have any on the computer evidently. I saw the design downtown Tellico Plains behind the Visitor's center and did my best to duplicate it. I'll post the pictures this evening.

I have a pretty simple design using 2 x 12's.... it does have a couple of miter cuts though... I'll have to take some pictures when I go to the shop, I don't have any on the computer evidently. I saw the design downtown Tellico Plains behind the Visitor's center and did my best to duplicate it. I'll post the pictures this evening.
Thanks

Sent from my WAS-LX2J using Tapatalk

Stu,
Here are two pictures of the bench... I made 4 pictures with the camera on my phone, but it doesn't want to share the other two..?:huh::huh:

It's made with a single 2 x 12 so the seat is only about 11 3/4 wide... I think I used a 12' 2 x 12 on this one, but you can adjust as needed. There are 4 miter cuts on each end, but relatively easy cuts....

Project2.jpg Project1.jpg

It probably would look better if I had put some kind of finish on the wood... this one has been sitting in my yard unfinished for 3 or 4 years now. It's now near my wood pile so I have a place to rest when I'm cutting wood.