Thread: weekend aquisitions -free!

weekend aquisitions -free!

Yesterday Grizzz and I had to go recover a load of beech which he had stored at a friend's place. My woodhauler was pressed into service as I don't think his GM sedan would work very well with 100 bf of beech. I neglected to take photos while we were under load, but I did get some of a few 'extra' items which his buddy threw in the truck. He's moving and 'it all has to go'.

I wound up with several useful items for my new shop: first, two windows:

plus 3 and and a half sheets of 3/8" pegboard (could have gotten more, but don't think I'll need it, and didn't want to seem too greedy)

He also threw in a nice metalworking vise and a Buffalo 6" bench grinder. (never heard of that brand, but free is free, and so I now have a grinder)

While I was in there I organized my tools and put the materials I have on hand for the trusses for my shop up front where I can get to them easily.

I found my stash of 4" flex hose, Think I have enough?

That stack of lumber in front is all of the truss parts, plus my old workbench (disassembled)
    -Ned

Free is almost always good, and free windows are GREAT, as those suckers cost MONEY!

The grinder and the bench vice look good as well, I'd say, you had a great day

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Exclamation

Buffalo is the house brand for Ace Hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer Mings View Post
    Buffalo is the house brand for Ace Hardware.
    thanks Jerry, I haven't fired 'er up yet, but having met Mark, I bet it still hums along well.
    -Ned

Keep getting free stuff and it's gonna cost you $50 more per month for a larger storage unit.
    Brian

Everytime that I look at your storage shed I think that it is mine due to the Stow n Go wheel barrow with the sliding handles being in the pictures. A pretty good tool for the money. I bought mine from Tractor Supply and it is the only thing that I have bought at my local store due to the attitude of the manager. If I want to buy something from that company I have to drive an extra twenty miles one way to get to another store. I guess that I am only hurting myself as I understand that they are all company stores and not individually owned. Maybe it will bring a change in management if enough people do what I am doing.