weekend aquisitions -free!

Ned Bulken

Yesterday Grizzz and I had to go recover a load of beech which he had stored at a friend's place. My woodhauler was pressed into service as I don't think his GM sedan would work very well with 100 bf of beech. I neglected to take photos while we were under load, but I did get some of a few 'extra' items which his buddy threw in the truck. He's moving and 'it all has to go'.

I wound up with several useful items for my new shop: first, two windows:
P5200007.jpg

plus 3 and and a half sheets of 3/8" pegboard (could have gotten more, but don't think I'll need it, and didn't want to seem too greedy)
P5200006.jpg

He also threw in a nice metalworking vise and a Buffalo 6" bench grinder. (never heard of that brand, but free is free, and so I now have a grinder)

P5200010.jpg

While I was in there I organized my tools and put the materials I have on hand for the trusses for my shop up front where I can get to them easily.
P5200012.jpg

I found my stash of 4" flex hose, Think I have enough?

P5200009.jpg

That stack of lumber in front is all of the truss parts, plus my old workbench (disassembled)

Free is almost always good, and free windows are GREAT, as those suckers cost MONEY! :thumb:

The grinder and the bench vice look good as well, I'd say, you had a great day :wave:

Cheers!

Everytime that I look at your storage shed I think that it is mine due to the Stow n Go wheel barrow with the sliding handles being in the pictures. A pretty good tool for the money. I bought mine from Tractor Supply and it is the only thing that I have bought at my local store due to the attitude of the manager. If I want to buy something from that company I have to drive an extra twenty miles one way to get to another store. I guess that I am only hurting myself as I understand that they are all company stores and not individually owned. Maybe it will bring a change in management if enough people do what I am doing.