Thread: Small Tool Gloat!

Small Tool Gloat!

I have been looking for a small cordless drill-driver to suppliment my 18v XPR DeWalt... basically for 2 reasons:

1. I wanted something light for putting screws in (18v to drill counter sink/pocket holes and 9v to drive the screws in)

2. Probably too early for this..... but I wanted a drill that I could use with my son - the 18v is way too heavy for him, even for the forseeable future.

I had been looking at the DeWalt 9.6v at Lowes for $89. Yesterday I went to check out a local tool store that I had never been to, but supposedly carried a huge selection of WW tools, Phillips Brothers Supply (for those of you in the Buffalo, Rochester, Erie PA, or Toronto, ON areas).

Well I was blown away by their selection, they have a huge assortment of Powermatic, Jet, Delta, Steel City, SawStop, plus a full assortment of power hand tools.

Well I was walking around the store drooling, wishing I had a bigger shop, and more money I noticed that they had the DeWalt 9.6v Drill that I was looking for. It was on sale for $79 with a 9.6v worklight thrown in. I don't need the light, but if it comes with it, thats ok with me. I'm sure my son will like playing with it.

They also had the Edge Guide for my DW618 router, that I have been looking for. It wasn't on sale, but it is hard to find locally.
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe

I have had a DW 9.6v drill motor for about 6 years (?). It is one of my favorites due to weight and quality. I have one dead battery out of four (two large, two small) in all that time. When number two goes I will probably have the batteries rebuilt as I see no reason to replace the drill motor. I'm sure you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have had a DW 9.6v drill motor for about 6 years (?). It is one of my favorites due to weight and quality. I have one dead battery out of four (two large, two small) in all that time. When number two goes I will probably have the batteries rebuilt as I see no reason to replace the drill motor. I'm sure you will like it.

did you see that Jason has a special for fww members this weekend? Battery Builder's Sale
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    did you see that Jason has a special for fww members this weekend? Battery Builder's Sale
    Yes, thanks. Any of us that have been storing up to re-build should go ahead.