Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Again !!

Not Again !!

grumble moan grumble rumble stomp grumble deep breath grumble moan grumble rumble stomp grumble

Tony, BCE '75

Tony....that's the prettiest spalted curved sided funnel I've seen since I made one!

May I suggest a tip from Brother Bernie?..................http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ead.php?t=3887

Tony, I have to admit, I'm laughing here

Not at you, but at us "turners" I know I've done that..........a......."few" times.............

Mine usually don't survive to take pics, I toss them HARD at the nearest concrete wall......

You could try saving it, find a contrasting block of wood, and shape it to fit in the best you can to the funnel opening (sorry I could not resist! ) and then glue it up and have a go!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

bad times are followin you the more i see from you folk the more i am headed back away from the fortex. do spindles break as often as tonys bowls have been???? if so i need to run not back away
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Watch the center of the vortex Larry. Don't worry.....it will not hurt you.....relax......enjoy the ride.....Tony has just given himself a design OPPORTUNITY ............Relax Larry.....it will not hurt you......stare into the center of the vortex.....

.......achieving the art of making the inside diameter larger than the outside diameter. You are the first ever to do something like this.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Oh yeah. Just did that trick yesterday on a NE. Thanks for sharing, Tony. Now I feel a little better .
    George

Tony don't worry about it. That is why I built the depth gauge. I can go out now and show you 3 or 4 I have on the shelf just to remind me. Your funnel is prettier than my funnel. You just have to laugh and say on to the next.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Falotico View Post
    grumble moan grumble rumble stomp grumble deep breath grumble moan grumble rumble stomp grumble
    I think you left out a couple "harumphs", and a few "tsk chhhhhhh" sounds in there. I must say that is one of the nicest funnels I've seen in a while. You're good, man.

Sorry, couldn't help but toss a little salt in the wound. Hate to see pics, but like everyone else, all I can say is it's happend to me, and I hope it doesn't happen to either of of ever again, but it probably will.

Here's one solution I used on a walnut funnel I made...you can see the edge of the new quilted maple foot:

Attachment 8883

And here's how I covered the patch on the inside:

Attachment 8882
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Here's one solution I used on a walnut funnel I made...you can see the edge of the new quilted maple foot:

Attachment 8883

And here's how I covered the patch on the inside:

Attachment 8882
    Cool! A chip and dip set.