Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nifty, Neato Keeno, Swell and OH BOY!

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)

Thumbs up Nifty, Neato Keeno, Swell and OH BOY!

Well, my jack-em-up table came in. My friend not only picked it up in Jacksonville, he met my local friend here at the house. Together they took this 244lb. table off the truck, assembled it, stuck it in my garage, sat on the shop porch and chatted for a while (I could tell by where they left the chairs ) and they both went home.
    The bad part about this is, I slept through the whole operation!!! The boys didn't even wake me up. Talk about feeling Guilty!
    You can bet I'll make it up to them.

Anyway... This thing is AWSOME! It's exactly what I needed. I put it to work as soon as I realized it was out there.

I drug one of the cabinets up on it, jacked it up to where it was comfy to work on, and then just wheeled it around to the wall and jacked it up to hang in place.
    I'll need to make a platform like Allen Bookout did except mine will raise the platform about 6 inches. That will make it the perfect height for hanging these cabinets.

When I ordered this, even though some of you mentioned it being a pain to have to crawl under the lifted item to lower the table, I didnít notice that this one has the release brought to the top of the handle!
    I can promise you this thing will get a work out in my shop.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...able#post40180

By the way, those splotches on some of the cabinet doors is that "Old English" spot cover. It really worked well covering bare spots on these old things. I'll put a little wax on them when that stuff dries.

Thanks again for the great idea Allen!

DT

looks like it wil work just fine don and at a dollar a pound it should hold its value
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I can see where a tool like that would come in very handy.
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

That is sweet. I have come so close so many times but . . . floor space and I'm saving my pennies right now for a new toy. You will really enjoy having that baby around.

Don

That looks great! Nice service from your friends. Hope the smoke isn't getting to you up there, it is blowing like stink down here and I can imagine what the fire situation is like with these winds.

Jay

That is a really nice unit Don! Those things really come in handy. I like the extra lifting heigth as that will make it even more useful. I am glad that it is working out for you.

You have some great friends up there. I am sure that it is well deserved.

Allen

Ill ask the no. 1 ??

where do you find these lifts at? so if another family member were so inclined to get one??
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Don.........Congrats! I like that....How about a model #, name and source please!

Here is the one that Don got: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=41145

I got mine from Nothern Tool as I have one locally and do not have to pay shipping. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...atchallpartial

I can see where something like that could be very useful when one has a combination of working alone and an aging back. Now....who could that be?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire