Nifty, Neato Keeno, Swell and OH BOY!

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
Well, my jack-em-up table came in. My friend not only picked it up in Jacksonville, he met my local friend here at the house. Together they took this 244lb. table off the truck, assembled it, stuck it in my garage, sat on the shop porch and chatted for a while (I could tell by where they left the chairs :rofl:) and they both went home.
The bad part about this is, I slept through the whole operation!!! :dunno: The boys didn't even wake me up. Talk about feeling Guilty! :eek:
You can bet I'll make it up to them.

Anyway... This thing is AWSOME! It's exactly what I needed. I put it to work as soon as I realized it was out there. :thumb:

I drug one of the cabinets up on it, jacked it up to where it was comfy to work on, and then just wheeled it around to the wall and jacked it up to hang in place.
I'll need to make a platform like Allen Bookout did except mine will raise the platform about 6 inches. That will make it the perfect height for hanging these cabinets.

When I ordered this, even though some of you mentioned it being a pain to have to crawl under the lifted item to lower the table, I didn’t notice that this one has the release brought to the top of the handle! :thumb:
I can promise you this thing will get a work out in my shop.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?p=40180&highlight=Lift+Table#post40180

100_1610.jpg

100_1611.jpg

100_1613.jpg

100_1618.jpg

By the way, those splotches on some of the cabinet doors is that "Old English" spot cover. It really worked well covering bare spots on these old things. I'll put a little wax on them when that stuff dries.

Thanks again for the great idea Allen! :thumb:

DT

That is sweet. I have come so close so many times but . . . floor space and I'm saving my pennies right now for a new toy. You will really enjoy having that baby around.

Don

That looks great! Nice service from your friends. Hope the smoke isn't getting to you up there, it is blowing like stink down here and I can imagine what the fire situation is like with these winds.

Jay

That is a really nice unit Don! Those things really come in handy. I like the extra lifting heigth as that will make it even more useful. I am glad that it is working out for you.

You have some great friends up there. I am sure that it is well deserved.

Allen

Don, I think this classifies a a gloat! and a good one at that! Thanks for sharing!

Think.. I maybe heading for Harbor Freight this weekend to check one of these bad boys out.
Sure would help these poor old knees! :p

Thanks for sharing! ..Allen & Don :thumb:

Cabinets look great!

Last edited:
Shame on you boys for not doing your homework. In the the top post of this thread, I quoted the orignal post where I found it and told everyone about ordering it, and where I bought it. :dunno:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DT

Last edited:
Don, I think this classifies a a gloat! and a good one at that! Thanks for sharing!

Think.. I maybe heading for Harbor Freight this weekend to check one of these bad boys out.
Sure would help these poor old knees! :p

Thanks for sharing! ..Allen & Don :thumb:

Cabinets look great!

Dave,
Print the web page where it's on sale for $269 and take it with you. They will Honor it. They had to order mine. They said it wasn't a stock item. It took less than a week to come in though. You will love this thing! :thumb:

DT

Don...I think that scissor lift table do-hickey thingy is cheatin....You need to lift, stoop, bend and creak like the rest of us.

But if your not embarrassed by this obvious rules infraction....they nice gloat.:thumb:

Don...I think that scissor lift table do-hickey thingy is cheatin....You need to lift, stoop, bend and creak like the rest of us.

But if your not embarrassed by this obvious rules infraction....they nice gloat.:thumb:

I don't have to stoop or bend to creak John. I creak just "thinking" about stooping or bending.

DT