Shop Budget had to wait

Ned Bulken

Crisis came up this week, fridge wouldn't cool properly, so we picked up this from the Blue Borg:
P5250001.jpg

P5250002.jpg

LOML wanted a side by side, which normally I'd say 'no' to, but we do have a stand alone upright freezer, so I agreed. I get to go buy a filter and hookups tomorrow and then we'll have operating ice and water through the door.

Only delays the shop a week or so.

Hey. You snitched our frig :huh: :rofl:

Looks like ours, purchased from Sears.

I did some :huh: :huh: when and after I had the water line hooked up.

No water would come into the icemaker. :(

Then I read the instructions :eek:

It takes about 24 hours of running to cool down before the water starts flowing

I'm 22 hrs into the break in period, going to go get the 'hookup' kit today, the LOML didn't get that when she ordered the fridge. NO biggee. We have to swap this fridge's location with the stand alone freezer we have, the water supply is behind the freezer. (washer/drier hookup in the kitchen)

Nice catch. Don't let small necessary set backs bother you. The 'shop' is a hobby and should be enjoyed. You can't work on an empty stomach. The fridge is just ensuring happy WWing time.

Nice catch. Don't let small necessary set backs bother you. The 'shop' is a hobby and should be enjoyed. You can't work on an empty stomach. The fridge is just ensuring happy WWing time.

Oh trust me, I've wanted a solo shop for several Years now, what's another week or a month or so? It will happen when waiting is full. (to slightly paraphrase Michael Smith in 'Stranger in a Strange Land')

This makes the family happy, so I'm all for it. The new unit is working fine, I like Cold milk etc... and the old fridge wasn't coming close to that at all. The new one even at the 'stock' setting is doing a great job already. Doubt we'll need to change the settings much at all.

LOML wanted a side by side, which normally I'd say 'no' to, but we do have a stand alone upright freezer, so I agreed.

When I was engaged, a buddy told me to practise this line: "Yes, dear, whatever you say, dear." ;)

I've lived with a "standard" freezer-up-top fridge. I've lived with a side-by-side (just for one year in a rental). And I've now got an upside down fridge (freezer on the bottom.) And my preference is pretty much in that order. Being 6'3", I rather dislike having to bend to look inside a "standard" fridge.

When I was engaged, a buddy told me to practise this line: "Yes, dear, whatever you say, dear." ;)

I've lived with a "standard" freezer-up-top fridge. I've lived with a side-by-side (just for one year in a rental). And I've now got an upside down fridge (freezer on the bottom.) And my preference is pretty much in that order. Being 6'3", I rather dislike having to bend to look inside a "standard" fridge.

Art,
funny that you mention having an upside down fridge. My folks had one when I was growing up, big 30 + year old GE which was horribly inefficient I'm sure, but it held loads of food! We replaced a 'normal' freezer on top unit, and I sure agree with you about bending down to see into the fridge. I'm 6'3 as well, and the lower reaches of most fridges are NOT where I want to have to look. I'd almost think about putting it up on a platform if Lori weren't only 5'4" tall.

Stu,
that was my thought too. I let her pick it out, and this was the cheapest side by side (still made by whirlpool though). Lowes delivered and hauled the old one away to boot.