Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend thread

Weekend thread

Just remembered it. What in your shop this weekend?

Bench shots welcome!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Steve Clardy Guest
    Ugh.
    Been spraying some lacquer on oak cabinets.
    Been putting stuff up off the floor in the main shop.
    Making room for cabinet boxes.
    Been filling up the 78 stepside with junk to go to the dump again

Cleaning up the shop addition where the car is supposed to be
    Last winters shop roof excapade kinda got it out of whack. Stored a lot of stuff, tools in there. I finally found some concrete in there this morning.

I turned another of the "defective" practice snakeskin blanks Glimmerz sent me. It is python and sized for the full size Gentelman pen. Mind boggling fantastic looking when I finished. Only problem, I don't have a kit to assemble it onto. Polished and put away. Time permitting tommorow, I'll turn the diamondback rattlesnake blanks and assemble to the Tn Gold full size Gent kit waiting for me to make for ME. That diamondback is a sorta gold color and should something fine when done. Can't afford a Rolex, so I'll carry a real man's power pen instead.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

well,
    despite the long weekend I'm not getting a whole lot accomplished shop wise. Much as I would prefer to be making sawdust. I hope to get my quackers lined up and ready for getting my new building permit. Finances have finally cleared the holding pattern and I should break ground next weekend if all goes well.

I did clean my grill finally, and this evening I'm going to hook up the water supply to the new fridge.
    -Ned

Building eight raised panel doors. The first four are on the cabinet saw and the last four are in clamps on the workbench. Finished this much in time to see the Spurs-Jazz game. Halftime is over so see you later.

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout View Post

Building eight raised panel doors. The first four are on the cabinet saw and the last four are in clamps on the workbench. Finished this much in time to see the Spurs-Jazz game. Halftime is over so see you later.
    Wow, Allen - its amazing how neat and organized your shop is in the middle of a project. I would be ashamed to show mine

Looking forward to pics of those raised panel doors. I need to do some soon. How do you do them on the TS?
    Don't believe everything you think!

Hi Jesse,

Acutally it is more of a mess that it appears. Sometime pictures can be deceiving.

I make the raised panels on the router table. I was only using the saw with the crosscut sled to trim the ends . Making two passes on all four sides per raised panel using the router sure makes me wish that I had a shaper. That would be thirty two less cuts on only eight panels. If I did a lot of these I would have to upgrade as this would drive me crazy.
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 05-27-2007 at 04:00 AM.

Managed to get a couple good days in this weekend, finally. On the bench is the upper section of the AV center to be. Starting to take shape. The cross brace behind the circle is only temporary until I figure out how to join the upper shelf to the posts.

Attachment 9115
    Mini Max Tool Acquisition Mediator.
    "An old man to most kids and a young man to those who are dead."

www.samantics2.com

Worked as far as I dared with the sprinkler pump house construction. It's too wet to go sit on the ground cutting pipe and electrical. Hopefully this next weekend will be drier.
    Built my master panel for the long work bench for the multistation set up. Got 4 additional panels cut and dry fitted, and checked for consistancy in size. Ran out of 2X material, or I might have gotten another couple made.
    And I'm at work today. I've been here 4 hours now, and 7 more to go. The bad thing is we are very slow. Can't get parts if we don't have what we need. Shouldn't have been open, but that''s not my decision. We are going to grill burgers and links here in a little bit. The Earl Campbell's hot links are always tasty, as long as the heart doesn't stop pumping. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Still building a band saw!!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward