Portable sawmill

My son's F-I-L has had this setting in his back yard for the last couple of years. I asked him if he was planning on getting it back in working order or just letting it ruin. His reply was one of these days, maybe. I then asked him if he would be interested in selling it. His reply was no, but if I wanted to take it and play around with it, I could have it. Needless to say, I couldn't get it loaded fast enough. It has a 9 hp Honda motor on it, which I have removed to get it in running order. I put some gas in it and pulled the rope a couple of times and it fired up but it needs tuning up and carb. rebuild kit. There are no indication as to brand on it so I have no idea who made it. A guy at work said I had to break the blade and lay it out flat to get the length of blade I would need. It is 143 1/2 in. long and 1 1/4 in wide and 1 tooth per inch. If there are any sawmill owners around, I would appreciate any advice or ideas on how to find out what kind of saw it is.

It may be more work than it's worth, but the price, FREE, was just too good to pass up.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• DSCN0175.JPG
    DSCN0175.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN0176.JPG
    DSCN0176.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0178.JPG
    DSCN0178.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0179.JPG
    DSCN0179.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 59
.... I belive it is a Norwood Ref: http://www.norwoodindustries.com/

My son's F-I-L has had this setting in his back yard for the last couple of years. I asked him if he was planning on getting it back in working order or just letting it ruin. His reply was one of these days, maybe. I then asked him if he would be interested in selling it. His reply was no, but if I wanted to take it and play around with it, I could have it. Needless to say, I couldn't get it loaded fast enough. It has a 9 hp Honda motor on it, which I have removed to get it in running order. I put some gas in it and pulled the rope a couple of times and it fired up but it needs tuning up and carb. rebuild kit. There are no indication as to brand on it so I have no idea who made it. A guy at work said I had to break the blade and lay it out flat to get the length of blade I would need. It is 143 1/2 in. long and 1 1/4 in wide and 1 tooth per inch. If there are any sawmill owners around, I would appreciate any advice or ideas on how to find out what kind of saw it is.

It may be more work than it's worth, but the price, FREE, was just too good to pass up.

Bobby
Louisiana

Yea, that looks like one I have seen too. Have no idea the brand but I pretty sure I have seen one before.

.....A guy at work said I had to break the blade and lay it out flat to get the length of blade I would need. It is 143 1/2 in. long and 1 1/4 in wide and 1 tooth per inch.

Bad information. Lots of ways to figure the blade length. Unless the blade is no good then why not break it. But all you need to know is the dia of the wheels and the distance between the wheels. It's easy to figure the length.

Now let me be the first to say

YOU SUCK!! Thats a unbeatable deal!!

Thanks for the help and information fellows, they are greatly appreciated. I have sent an e-mail to Norwood to get there opinion and will keep y'all posted. They also list a dealer a couple hours drive from where I live, so if its a Norwood that would be nice, but probably not from the wife's point of view, since she says I spend too much on my toys anyway.

Jeff, the blade was beyond use anyway so it was no loss.

Bobby
Louisiana

I'll agree with Jeff, on the way to figure the lenght of the blade and the "YOU SUCK" comment too!! :D :wave:

Great gloat, and you just have to love them Honda motors!! :clap: